• Caves of Chaos, Thomas's part 11 by ThomasR

0 0%
  • Caves of Chaos (Area by tilt

13 48.15%
  • Caves of Chaos Section 9 by Troedel

10 37.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Map part of The Caves of Chaos. VOTING TIME

Question Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Map part of The Caves of Chaos. VOTING TIME

Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Map part of The Caves of Chaos.

This Challenge was a bit Different. For many of you who grew up playing Dungeons & Dragons you know the name, Caves of Chaos, it is part of a larger adventure module, Keep on the Borderlands. KotB, was an introduction to D&D. It is a classic. You don't have to be a D&D player to do this, we are just creating a map. But what a map! The Caves of Chaos is massive. Way to big a project to do as a lite challenge in less than a month. So, I want each of you to make a part of it. After the Challenge I will reassemble the entire cave system from your individual parts. Yes, it will be a lot of styles that don't exactly go together, but it is the Caves of CHAOS after all.
    This is how it works: I am posting the original Blue Graph Paper map and a second copy of it divided into sections using different colors. In the upper right corner is a color code key that will tell you the number for the section.
    Pick a section that looks interesting to you and post That number at the beginning of your first post. I will try to keep track and post which ones are taken. First come first served. If duplication happens, or if we have more participants than sections (11) I will use the one that gets the most votes to reassemble the Caves.

We have 16 great entries for you to vote on.

Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.
    CLICK HERE
    for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps

Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have 16 entries and you can vote for as many or as few as you like, remember there are a number of duplications so that more people could participate.

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass, and our praise!
    Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone you feel deserves it.

It will take a while to reassemble the whole map but I will eventually post it here and in the Finished Maps thread.

Please note that Tilt's map is Area 8, not Area , Silly software......

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL... very cool area
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Very good job everyone ! To answer Bogie's question. I usually do not vote for unfinished maps. Mine is not finished so, as it's included in the poll, it'd be only fair that nobody votes for it. It was my first attempt at a digital map of a dungeon and, from the start, I made a mess with my layers. I'll clean it up and make something worth showing. Knee surgery is scheduled (and that's for the best) so, I'll have plenty of time for mapping Thanks for the cheering people

Ok. That was extra special super duper DIFFICULT!

I feel really bad about keeping myself to just 5 votes - and I am so sorry now that I didn't just do one of my blanket votes right across the board on all that were finished, but Red was right on the challenge thread that we should try to keep it down to voting for about 1/4 or 1/3 of the entries. I even broke that personal guideline, because I still voted for half the definitely finished entries.

In the end for me it was down to things like colour coordination, lighting, and how good the stairs looked in direct comparison with each other.

Really - all the finished maps deserve a compass!

Guild Artisan

Tough Challenge to vote, but fun one to do. So many good ones to choose from.

It was a fun challenge but as it was my first dungeon map it was pretty hard! I think it's going to be a while before I do another dungeon map, one was enough for now!

There are a lot of good maps and in the end I had to vote for 4.

I managed to keep it to three, but it was blasted hard!!!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

I must just be getting soft in my old age....

Guild Novice northerncartography's Avatar

Well, that was some tough voting. Ended up whittling it down to 4, but even doing that was difficult! Good luck to everyone!
    “A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams.”
    - Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Support me here, if you'd like: https://www.patreon.com/northerncartography

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast