Thread: Raswar

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip Raswar

This is my first serious attempt at using Fractal Terrains to create a world. After some initial frustration with using FT, it went much faster after I read through the tutorial at http://www.fracterra.com/CGTutorial/index.html. After consulting the sample map of Earth provided with FT, I decided there were too many mountains and planed most of them down in the Northwest continent. For the southwest continent, I lowered them, lowered land into the sea on the north edge and raised it up on the south edge. The Eastern continent I left pretty much alone, since I liked the extensive high plateau. I did some basin filling and smoothing, ran some rivers (set to long), and did some more altitude adjustments until I got all the major rivers to flow the sea. I used the climate editing tools to reduce the rainfall about 35 degrees north and south latitude until I got grasslands and deserts. I'm sufficiently satisfied for now. Next, I think I want to export this to CC3 and start populating it.
    Attached Images Attached Images