Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thuringia

Default Thuringia

Der erste Teil eines fortlaufenden Projektes. Eine Übersicht zur Geschichte Thüringens mit Auszügen in kartografischer Form.

The first part of an ongoing project. An overview of the history of Thuringia with extracts in cartographic form.
    Made from different templates and for now just in German.

I will add more individual maps and eventually the complete project in the following days and weeks.

Link to my DeviantArt-Gallery: http://cyowari.deviantart.com/

Einzeln 1547.png
    Last edited by Ziuwari; 01-30-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Die Karte ist schlicht und einfach super! Es ist immer faszinierend, grafisch sehen zu können, wie das heutige Deutschland einst aufgeteilt wurde. Bei solchen Landkarten ist es auch ein bisschen traurig, dass sie fast nur Momentaufnahmen sind, weil die innerdeutschen Grenzen sich so häufig geändert haben. Trotzdem ... eine ausgezeichnete historische Karte!

ENGLISH: This map is nothing short of super. It's always fascinating to be able to see graphically how today's Germany once was divided into so many small domains. With such maps, it's always a bit sad to note that they're often little more than short-term snapshots because the internal German borders changed so frequently. Nonetheless ... an excellent historical map!!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Danke, äußerst freundlich. Das ist eine präzise Aussage - Momentaufnahmen. Genau aus dem Grund ist es auch nicht die einzige
    Karte die ich in diesem Zusammenhang erstellt habe bzw. werde ich noch ein paar erstellen.

Das komplette Projekt umfasst elf Karten; aus dem Zeitraum von 500 bis 2016. Zehn davon reine politisch-historische.
    Sobald ich die Fehler-Korrektur in der Übersichtskarte erledigt habe werde ich die ebenfalls hochladen, wenn ich dazu komme noch diese Woche.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziuwari View Post
    Sobald ich die Fehler-Korrektur in der Übersichtskarte erledigt habe werde ich die ebenfalls hochladen, wenn ich dazu komme noch diese Woche.
    Ich freue mich schon darauf!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Die nächste.

Next one.

Einzeln 1680 - 2.jpg

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

The maps themselves look great! One thing I noticed on both: Some of the key points in the legend are shifted (verrutscht/versetzt), is that on purpose?

Thank you! Yes, that is on purpose. It should show a certain affinity to the key above.
    For example: the map of 1680 - "Kurfürstentum Brandenburg" and the key below: 1648/80 zu Brandenburg.
    And yes, it might not be quite accurate. I did it for some, but not exactly for all (the keys for the different branches of Reuss).

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

I see. And yes, it makes sense if you think about it. By the way, these maps look very "finished" to me, why aren't you posting them in the finished maps section?

Regards,

~~Rongar

Oh...um...Yes...

And thanks! They quite are. But i've got another one - the complete project. And i will post it and the
    others in the finished section as soon as possible and when i got a look at the finished print.

For now: Another one.

Einzeln 1826.jpg

... "David Bowie ist auch schon einmal drüber geflogen"... Ausgezeichnete Arbeit Ziuwari! Although the scattered maps from this period always evoke the yellowed pages of my old "Putzger", i love your more modern approach here with the saturated colors and your font choice. It works really well together and is surprisingly readable! Looking forward to seeing this unfold. Keep up the great work!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast