Thread: Yo, I'm new here.

Help Yo, I'm new here.

Hi, I am new here, made the account yesterday and I was just wondering what people really do here, I was sent here after I watched a WASD20 video and I am here to share my work and hopefully get some commissions. I was just wondering if I should be doing anything other than posting and updating albums and being active on the forums? Also if I'm looking for somewhere to talk where should I go on here?
    Any help is great, thanks.

Welcome
    There's a sub forum for map requests (near the bottom of the main forum page) that you can browse for mapping projects people are seeking to commission. Some people also ask for maps in the Discord server, which is also another place to talk/chat besides just joining in wherever you feel like on the forum. The Monthly Challenges are fun...the current theme is a 5hr time limit which I am personally very excited about because I love speed painting and timed challenges! Most people looking to do map commissions have some kind of portfolio page they can link to for prospective clients to view examples of their work, on here (sounds like you figured out the albums setup) or on a website (yours looks great, maybe add a page with general info for commission work?) or social or art platform page.
    Last edited by Chashio; 09-10-2024 at 10:46 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I was just wondering if I should be doing anything other than posting and updating albums and being active on the forums?
    That's... pretty much it. You can be as active (or not) as you want to be. People have taken off for months or years at a time and then dropped back in like it's no big deal, myself included.

Also if I'm looking for somewhere to talk where should I go on here?
    We have a Discord server.

Default Thanks guys, this is very helpful. :)

This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you.