Thread: Feyquisition (First Completed Map)

Map Feyquisition (First Completed Map)

This was the first map I made on dungeondraft before I knew anything about the program. It was supposed to be a normal tavern-type scene. When I was initially nearing completion I showed it to my boyfriend, who is a DM. He said I did the scaling wrong and made everything too small. I think that is mostly his perspective because he uses VTT systems which means the characters usually take up a 5-foot square centered. Thus having furniture small or between tiles is something that gets complicated in those systems, so he recommended making furniture items about a square large for ease of use. However, due to this comment, I decided to lean into it. That's when I started adding cherry trees, skeletons, and portals to showcase the idea of a fey acquisition of a tavern. A battle between reality and fey-reality.

I am aware this is not my best map, I don't even have any shadows on it I don't think, but it was my first completed map and I hope sharing it may inspire some others to just take a chance and have fun with making a map even if it may be nonsensical at times

Feyquisition.png

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Cool idea! Kinda has a Stranger Things type vibe with the realities bleeding into one another.