Here is another project I am slowly working on for personal tabletop rp use. Its slowly evolving over time.
The Vila is an extravagant airship, built for travel into the unknown. Its hull is made of metal and wood, while most of its interior is made of ashen grey wood. A sizable balloon and several enchanted vacuum ballasts keep it afloat. The top and main decks are adorned with carvings in the fixtures, stained glass, and gilded oil lamps. The Orlop and Cargo hold are plainer and have more mechanical elements exposed for ease of access.
First Draft:
Initially as I usually do I drew this ship by hand inking and colouring it with alcohol markers. Originally there were only three decks:
Airship Top Deck.png
Airship Main Deck.png
Airship Boiler Deck.png
Designing in 3D/ Refining Layout:
To properly solidify the shape of the I built the ship in a voxel program (MagicaVoxel) and took screenshots of the ship. During this stage I decided to add an additional deck to the design. After I was finished my first draft I managed to destroy/delete my file. the size of the balloon definitely needs to be upped 2 or 3 times in future 3d renders.
Steward's room 3.png
Vila 1.png
Before the accidental loss of data I managed to take pictures of slices of the decks I built.
Main Deck.png
Current Ship Layout:
This helped me create the current iteration of the ship layout. using a vector based art program (In this case Affinity Designer)
Top_Deck_lbl.jpgMain_Deck_lbl.jpgOrlop_Deck_lbl.jpgCargo_Hold_lbl.jpg
Deck Descriptions:
◆︎ Top Deck ◆︎
◆︎Main Deck◆︎
◆︎ Orlop Deck ◆︎
◆︎ Cargo Hold◆︎
Further Plans:
- Continue to Texture and light current Map
- Furnish Map
- Illustrate Ship
- Create and Render Ship in Blender
- Experience this beast in VR
Thanks for reading through my project. Feel free to comment or make suggestions This is an ongoing project that I'll be refining over time so I appreciate feedback.
Last edited by Flawed-Menagerie; 11-19-2020 at 01:43 PM.