Thread: The fascinating lands of the Lost World

Wip The fascinating lands of the Lost World

Hi folks!!!
    I'm new here, although I've followed the forum in the past when I wasn't a member and it was very inspiring (I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting here). Now I have decided to join and try to share my work with you, hoping to get some helpful criticism.

Before I begin a small introduction about this project:
    the idea of this world was born many years ago, when I was a child, and it was to be the framework within which the events of some stories I had invented at the time took place. Over time the stories, as well as this world, have grown in size and complexity, and I have drawn many maps of these lands over the years. The last one I completed was drawn in 2017, and after that, because I felt that somehow I was not satisfied with it, I began to experiment with new methods. Since then I have not been able to draw anything that really satisfied me. Over the past few years I have attempted several times to approach GPlates to make a tectonic simulation, but unfortunately I have never been able to really complete one, only getting more dissatisfaction and frustration. So I decided to rework the old maps to try to integrate them into a “manual” tectonic model that is certainly less realistic and accurate than it would be if it were done with GPlates.

And now we come to the point: since I am not an expert in plate tectonics, and unfortunately I don't have the time to delve into the subject, I was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to help me, trying to assess how plausible the model I have tried to make might be.
    Please feel free to respond, any criticism is welcome.

Here the map:
    TECTONIC SKETCH.png

Boundaries color:
    Blue = Convergent;
    Red = Divergent;
    Green = Transform

I'm going to ask an unpleasant question, so please don't be overly offended here: how important are the world's tectonics to the stories you want to tell? Not all maps need to be physically plausible and most maps made by characters in semi primitive cultures are going to be wildly inaccurate.

That giant continent in the middle is going to have deserts the likes of which earth hasn't seen for millions of years (assuming earth size and equirectangular projection).
    Last edited by waldronate; Yesterday at 10:08 PM.