Thread: Fey Wilds Vilalge for Homebrew D&D 5e Campaign

Map Fey Wilds Vilalge for Homebrew D&D 5e Campaign

Hello! This is my first post and my first commission for a map.

I LOVE art and am always impressed at the skill and capabilities of cartographers and artists... but I am not artistic AT ALL. I am a systematic, mathematical, philosophical bloke who sees everything in numbers. I am looking for someone who can take my bland, black-and-white systems and descriptions and turn them into vibrant pictures and colors! If this first commission goes well, I am very apt to request future commissions at am very willing to support starving artists. :-)

This is what I am currently looking for:

Size: I am not certain of the exact size of the village. It is a small, hidden village, so I am thinking pretty small. An invisible 5ft square grid is preferred so I can use in the Roll20 VTT (and so I can easily add dynamic lighting.)
    Style: I utilize different kinds of art styles in my games (and really don't understand all that goes into developing a style), so as long as it is recognizable as a fantasy village and able to be used in a VTT for that purpose., I will leave the style decision to the artist.
    Type: I would prefer vector graphics so it can be zoomed easily... this, however, is negotiable as long as the pixel depth is high enough to not turn grainy when zooming.
    Time: I would like this to be completed around the middle of October 2024, but this is flexible.
    Copyright At this time, I will be using this map for personal, non-commercial use. The artist can keep the copywrite as long as I can use the map in my campaign with friends.
    Contact (email): jehyatt455--at--gmail

Description:
    A 3 layer map. A ground layer (ground and building interiors), a second story layer (second story building interiors or roofs), and an underground layer (under the village.)

The ground layer is:
    The village is called Gimblewick Glen. It is a Fey Wilds village with 112 residents. The village is protected by and surrounded on three sides with trees. The entry path to the village has two trees on either side of it, Dryads that guard the village live in those trees. A river runs through the village providing a clean water source. It flows out of a large cave on one side and out of the village into the dense woods on the other side. There is a large outdoor eating/gathering yard, and an orange teleportation circle. The village has a 2-story inn/tavern with 20 rooms. In the village grows a humongous tree: The Tree of Knowledge. Within the tree is a library with hundreds of books. Next to the Tree of Knowledge, a huge shrine to Artemis stands. In a residential area, stand 10 small mushroom homes for Sprites/Fairies, a deep/wide pool for Water Nymphs, 4 animal pens for livestock and pets, 2 wooden cabins for Changelings, 3 magically cooled Igloos for Dohwars (Penguin folk), 20 trees for Dryads, 2 small wood & stone homes for Firbolgs, and 2 burrows for Satyrs. Near the river is a circle of magic stones.

The second story layer is:
    The same as the ground layer showing the second floors of the Inn, Tree of Knowledge, shrine of Artemis, wooden cabins, and wood & stone homes.

The underground layer is:
    The entrance to the underground layer is the cave from the river. A vast network of tunnels, caves, burrows, and caverns. There are 2 mining areas for Brigganock, 2 underground living chambers for Darklings, 2 well-furnished caves for Leprechauns, living caves for Pixies, 2 underground burrows (corresponding to ground layer burrows) for Satyrs, and the deep/wide pool can be seen containing the underwater homes of the Water Nymphs.

I would really appreciate any feedback and thoughts. Thank you so much!

~ John Hyatt

Map This commission has been taken

Quote Originally Posted by jehyatt455 View Post
    Hello! This is my first post and my first commission for a map.

I LOVE art and am always impressed at the skill and capabilities of cartographers and artists... but I am not artistic AT ALL. I am a systematic, mathematical, philosophical bloke who sees everything in numbers. I am looking for someone who can take my bland, black-and-white systems and descriptions and turn them into vibrant pictures and colors! If this first commission goes well, I am very apt to request future commissions at am very willing to support starving artists. :-)

This is what I am currently looking for:

Size: I am not certain of the exact size of the village. It is a small, hidden village, so I am thinking pretty small. An invisible 5ft square grid is preferred so I can use in the Roll20 VTT (and so I can easily add dynamic lighting.)
    Style: I utilize different kinds of art styles in my games (and really don't understand all that goes into developing a style), so as long as it is recognizable as a fantasy village and able to be used in a VTT for that purpose., I will leave the style decision to the artist.
    Type: I would prefer vector graphics so it can be zoomed easily... this, however, is negotiable as long as the pixel depth is high enough to not turn grainy when zooming.
    Time: I would like this to be completed around the middle of October 2024, but this is flexible.
    Copyright At this time, I will be using this map for personal, non-commercial use. The artist can keep the copywrite as long as I can use the map in my campaign with friends.
    Contact (email): jehyatt455--at--gmail

Description:
    A 3 layer map. A ground layer (ground and building interiors), a second story layer (second story building interiors or roofs), and an underground layer (under the village.)

The ground layer is:
    The village is called Gimblewick Glen. It is a Fey Wilds village with 112 residents. The village is protected by and surrounded on three sides with trees. The entry path to the village has two trees on either side of it, Dryads that guard the village live in those trees. A river runs through the village providing a clean water source. It flows out of a large cave on one side and out of the village into the dense woods on the other side. There is a large outdoor eating/gathering yard, and an orange teleportation circle. The village has a 2-story inn/tavern with 20 rooms. In the village grows a humongous tree: The Tree of Knowledge. Within the tree is a library with hundreds of books. Next to the Tree of Knowledge, a huge shrine to Artemis stands. In a residential area, stand 10 small mushroom homes for Sprites/Fairies, a deep/wide pool for Water Nymphs, 4 animal pens for livestock and pets, 2 wooden cabins for Changelings, 3 magically cooled Igloos for Dohwars (Penguin folk), 20 trees for Dryads, 2 small wood & stone homes for Firbolgs, and 2 burrows for Satyrs. Near the river is a circle of magic stones.

The second story layer is:
    The same as the ground layer showing the second floors of the Inn, Tree of Knowledge, shrine of Artemis, wooden cabins, and wood & stone homes.

The underground layer is:
    The entrance to the underground layer is the cave from the river. A vast network of tunnels, caves, burrows, and caverns. There are 2 mining areas for Brigganock, 2 underground living chambers for Darklings, 2 well-furnished caves for Leprechauns, living caves for Pixies, 2 underground burrows (corresponding to ground layer burrows) for Satyrs, and the deep/wide pool can be seen containing the underwater homes of the Water Nymphs.

I would really appreciate any feedback and thoughts. Thank you so much!

~ John Hyatt

Not sure how to edit this thread or change the thread title... but this commission was taken. Thank you!

Hello! I am an architect and fantasy cartographer, i draw usually by hand on iPad pro (procreate). I would be happy tò help you with your project. Take a look on my channels in my signature and feel free to send me and email