Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP of Carcosa

Guild Apprentice

Wip WIP of Carcosa

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for a while, and decided to poll you for ideas and critiques on my map. I've been running a campaign set in this world, and one of the players wanted a detailed map of their home country, Carcosa.

carcosa.jpg

Ooh, this is quite nice for a beginner-project. Your linework is very clean (in fact it looks almost like it was done in a vector based program). The hills look great as well. I really like the font you are using for the labels. It is both legible and elegant. Off to a great start!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Apprentice

I'm using illustrator, actually! Only thing I'm kinda stuck on right now is what to do for foliage and other flavor-bits. The world I've built has an ancient system of nigh-indestructable railways that crisscross the landmasses, but i wanted to get the rest of the country done before going into detail on the roads

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Niiiice. I love those clean lines, and the hatchure style for mountains I think is my favorite. And a great HPL-ish vibe there too. Is there a King in Yellow?

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Niiiice. I love those clean lines, and the hatchure style for mountains I think is my favorite. And a great HPL-ish vibe there too. Is there a King in Yellow?
    Mine too! Originally I had 3/4 view mountains, but felt the hachured style better suited it. And yeah, I'm kinda basing the whole seeting on a mix of Vancian dying-earth style old tech, sword-and-sorcery-and-swashbuckling, and a bit of the Old and New Weird for flavor, so HPL and Mieville in equal measures!

No King in Yellow, unfortunately, but i do have plans for a Peregrine King, and the queen who united the squabbling tribes of Carcosa

That is beautiful.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Expert

The way you've tapered off the rivers is quite nice, really great start.

Waaaw it's a beautiful map the apparent simplicity of your style makes it so easy to read. Also I'd notice that the spreading of those (superb) volumes gives a very realistic as well as pretty cool terrain. You can already guess plenty of stories in here.

Well donne ! I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I'm not normally fond of the caterpillar-style elevations on maps but this I like! I was going to ask how you did it but I see you used Illustrator, which I still have yet to figure out lol!

PS. I did notice that the O,D, and R in "Colina De Sangre" are filled in

Is this the Carcosa of the Cthulhu Mythos? Will there be a Lake Hali?

I'm a big fan of caterpillar mountains, and yours look great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast