Thread: Lost Realms world map and a more detailed map for a DND campaign setting.

Help Lost Realms world map and a more detailed map for a DND campaign setting.

Hello, I am new here but I am in need of a couple of maps. One is a world map and the other is a more detailed map with key locations marked on it. I would greatly appreciate any help I could get with this. The details are below with some general instructions based on input from an AI. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you in advance!

World Map: The Lost Realms

Central Hub: Havenreach

Description: A floating city built on a massive rock formation suspended in the void. It has a series of smaller floating islands around it, which serve as farms, lookout posts, and smaller settlements.
    Key Features: Central spires, bridges connecting floating islands, magical barriers protecting the city.

Northwest: The Forbidden Woods

Description: A dense, dark forest with towering trees and hidden dangers. The area is filled with ancient magic and protected by druids and magical creatures.
    Key Features: Thick canopy, ancient ruins, mystical groves, druid circles.

Northeast: The Crumbling Peaks

Description: Mountainous islands connected by ancient bridges and magic. Rich in minerals and home to the Echoing Halls, a repository of forbidden knowledge.
    Key Features: Jagged peaks, ancient bridges, mining outposts, the Echoing Halls.

Southwest: The Ashen Wastes

Description: A barren, grey landscape with treacherous terrain and remnants of ancient battles. Inhabited by mutated creatures and haunted by ghosts.
    Key Features: Cracked ground, ancient battlefields, ghostly apparitions, dangerous creatures.

Southeast: The Silverwood

Description: A lush and vibrant elven forest fragment with ancient trees and hidden elven cities. Home to Elder Arannis and other elven sages.
    Key Features: Majestic trees, hidden elven cities, magical groves, ancient libraries.

Detailed Map: Havenreach

Central Hub:

Council Hall:
    Description: A grand building with tall spires and a large meeting chamber.
    Lady Elara's Tower:
    Description: A tall, mystical tower with glowing runes.

Guard and Guild Areas:

Havenreach Guard Barracks:
    Description: A fortified building with training areas.
    The Seekers' Guild:
    Description: A scholarly building filled with books, maps, and ancient artifacts.
    The Arcane Brotherhood's Sanctuary:
    Description: A hidden building with magical wards.

Market and Residential Areas:

Alchemist Liora's Shop:
    Description: A small, cluttered shop with shelves of potions and ingredients.
    Thorgar's Smithy:
    Description: A forge with a roaring fire and anvil.
    The Dancing Dragon Tavern:
    Description: A lively tavern with music, dancing, and a bustling crowd of adventurers.
    The Silver Star Inn:
    Description: A quiet, upscale inn with private rooms and a serene garden.

Creating the Maps

Instructions for a World Map:

Draw the Central Hub: Start with Havenreach in the center. Illustrate it as a floating city with surrounding smaller islands.
    Add the Regions:
    Northwest: Draw the Forbidden Woods with dense forest symbols and ancient ruins.
    Northeast: Sketch the Crumbling Peaks with jagged mountains and bridges.
    Southwest: Depict the Ashen Wastes with cracked terrain and ancient battlefields.
    Southeast: Illustrate the Silverwood with lush trees and hidden cities.

Instructions for a Havenreach Map:

Draw the Central Hub: Place the Council Hall in the center with roads radiating outward.
    Add Key Locations:
    East: Place Lady Elara’s Tower.
    West: Draw the Havenreach Guard Barracks.
    North: Include the Seekers’ Guild.
    Northeast: Add the Arcane Brotherhood’s Sanctuary.
    Market and Residential Areas:
    Near the market square, place Alchemist Liora’s Shop and The Dancing Dragon Tavern.
    In the industrial district, add Thorgar’s Smithy.
    In a quieter part of the city, draw The Silver Star Inn

Boy howdy. That's a very specific and highly detailed project that you're wanting to get made for free. What you are suggesting could easily amount to dozens hours of work on part of the cartographer, and can't speak for the other artists here, but I sure as hell can't afford to spend that many hours doing unpaid work as a favour for someone I don't even know personally (and even family and friends would have a hard time getting me to agree to something this big).

There are plenty of resources out there that might be worth checking out, that would allow you to make the maps yourself though. I'd definitely check out at least Inkarnate and Wonderdraft, a lot of people use those to create maps for their games. Both of these are map creators that allow you to place things from their existing libraries of assets, no drawing things yourself required. And if you want to dive into the deep end and start doing things 100% by yourself, we have a large selection of tutorials for how to create maps with software like Gimp, Photoshop and the like. And of course there is also the good old-fashioned pen and paper option too, if digital art doesn't strike your fancy.

I suppose there is a slim chance that you might get incredibly lucky and some artist in dire need of a project comes along and agrees to actually help you out, but I wouldn't really hold my breath.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Default RE: Kellrica

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Boy howdy. That's a very specific and highly detailed project that you're wanting to get made for free. What you are suggesting could easily amount to dozens hours of work on part of the cartographer, and can't speak for the other artists here, but I sure as hell can't afford to spend that many hours doing unpaid work as a favour for someone I don't even know personally (and even family and friends would have a hard time getting me to agree to something this big).

There are plenty of resources out there that might be worth checking out, that would allow you to make the maps yourself though. I'd definitely check out at least Inkarnate and Wonderdraft, a lot of people use those to create maps for their games. Both of these are map creators that allow you to place things from their existing libraries of assets, no drawing things yourself required. And if you want to dive into the deep end and start doing things 100% by yourself, we have a large selection of tutorials for how to create maps with software like Gimp, Photoshop and the like. And of course there is also the good old-fashioned pen and paper option too, if digital art doesn't strike your fancy.

I suppose there is a slim chance that you might get incredibly lucky and some artist in dire need of a project comes along and agrees to actually help you out, but I wouldn't really hold my breath.
    Thank you for your honesty and sincere advice, I was not sure how this would work out to be honest, It was actually the AI that suggested the guild. I also did not realize it was that much work and honestly I think with just with the text of where everything was located the players should be able to imagine it and really was more for me, the DM to get it into my head properly, but would also help the players imagine it. Is there a way I can delete or mark this request as not needed anymore? I will look into those sites you suggested just on the off chance that I can get it to work right with the way I imagine it in my head. Thanks once again for your honesty and insight, its such a breath of fresh air.

Blog Entries

I think you should have a crack at making the maps and we can help you to get them to a point your happy with. You seem to have a clear idea of what you need which is often the first stage in getting them done.

Post Re:Redrobes

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I think you should have a crack at making the maps and we can help you to get them to a point your happy with. You seem to have a clear idea of what you need which is often the first stage in getting them done.
    I would love to be able to do such the thing is that I am and never have been artistic at all. I am so bad that even stick figures look stupid. Just being honest here. I mean if I had a template or something like it, then I could probably edit it to suit my needs as long as I learned how to use the tools. The issue especially with the world map is that the main rock island aka Havenreach is just that a gigantic floating island, with smaller islands around it, then there are the Other fragments that are also decent sized and connected to the mainland by bridges and possibly airship (just thought of the airship). It would be like making Hawaii and surrounding islands and then ripping it out of the earth and floating in the sky. With the detailed map I could probably use any previously made fantasy map now that I am thinking about it and just relabeling everything. Thoughts on that?

Happy to let you use these city maps I made for your personal use if you want to add your own labels / icons!

Citadel_of_Octavius.jpgendoth map 2024 it doesn't hurt the eyes.jpg

And this world map:

almaeraworld.jpg

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!