Thread: Nevran

Default Nevran

FANTASY MAP 02 - NEVRAN.jpg

This map has only one bad river that I can see. I drew this before joining this forum like many of my forthcoming maps. Here is the fluff I came up with for this map:

Nevran is the most westerly point on the continent and is home to the Shanhove Elves (or Sea Elves) colonies on the continent. In times not long past the Shanhove hero Gormin discovered valuable minerals and metals around a bay of the desolate land east of the Shanhoven Islands which attracted the Elves to the area.

Due to pirate activity and the ruins of Alzuk around the Almyra Straits the city Ilyva became a wealthy and large city as the only safe access to Gormin Bay. Nevertheless, the city is cut off on land by the dreaded ruins of Iradu to the north of the city.

The Shanhove Elves find themselves unable to colonise further East into the continent thanks to the presence of Wood Elves and impassable mountains. Fortunately these elements keep the Dwarve Empire unaware of the extent of their presence on the continent.

Brilliant! The muted color tones are wonderful, and your style is very unique. Is this hand drawn?

Have some rep!

Cheers!

IR

Thank you

It is hand drawn. I added the colour and the paper texture digitally. It's one of my favourite paper textures I created.

This is delightful! I really enjoy your style. The penmanship is careful and clear, and the somewhat muted colors work really well. I look forward to seeing more from you, welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Welcome to the Guild! As has already been mentioned, the muted colors really work well with the inked style of this piece. I also really like your hand lettering. Very nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Nice one and the overlaid crunched paper texture does wonders

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Nice, clean, simple, with a good choice of color and saturation. Have some rep!

Thank you all for your positive responses