Thread: The Northern Hemisphere - Commission

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map The Northern Hemisphere - Commission

Chris Livingston The Big One Combined UPLOAD.jpg

This one has been four years in the making. It originially started out just as a regional map for the Kingdom of Castitia, and eventually spiralled into half a dozen regional maps, then a combination of those PLUS three more regions. The original exceeds a size of 16K x 7.5K pixels; this one obviously has been reduced and is a bit larger than a third of that. Building this world (well, it's northern half) together with the client over the years has been a real treat, and now I can finally share the combined piece with all of you. Inspirations were obviously taken from real world cultures by my client.

And now I'm looking forward to eventually draw the southern half of the globe...

Guild Member

WOW!!! Love this! Really enjoyed looking over this. Can't wait to see the rest of this world. Outstanding job on this. Totally fills one of my top criteria...it makes me wish I could go there & see it all in person.

Really well done, Wired
    I agree... makes me want to wander there.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Love this, Wired. Really, it's everything I wish I could do in a map. Your skills are top-notch. One thing I really love is the forest transition from evergreen to deciduous.

I love it! Your style really hits a lot of sweetspots for me. I already enjoyed the Castitia map from back then and this is a very nice bigger-view map.

As with your last map, do you know if the world creator has an own website or if he does a World Anvil or something alike? I'd love to see this map in better resolution if possible. TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    ... it's everything I wish I could do in a map...
    Aehm...what?!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Excellent, and the translation to Russian has taught me a word or two. Love the light land colors over the deep blue, great contrast.

IR

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great! I particularly love the colors you have used for the mountains. They stand out really well! As the others have said, I can't wait for the southern half!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    WOW!!! Love this! Really enjoyed looking over this. Can't wait to see the rest of this world. Outstanding job on this. Totally fills one of my top criteria...it makes me wish I could go there & see it all in person.
    Wow, thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Really well done, Wired
    I agree... makes me want to wander there.
    Thank you very much, J!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Love this, Wired. Really, it's everything I wish I could do in a map. Your skills are top-notch. One thing I really love is the forest transition from evergreen to deciduous.
    Thanks for the high praise, but you're a top notch map maker as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    I love it! Your style really hits a lot of sweetspots for me. I already enjoyed the Castitia map from back then and this is a very nice bigger-view map.

As with your last map, do you know if the world creator has an own website or if he does a World Anvil or something alike? I'd love to see this map in better resolution if possible. TIA!

Aehm...what?!
    As far as I'm aware, Chris sadly doesn't have a website for his world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Excellent, and the translation to Russian has taught me a word or two. Love the light land colors over the deep blue, great contrast.
    Thank you! The ocean colors were a late addition as originally the individual maps had a very light, near white hue for the oceans and lakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really great! I particularly love the colors you have used for the mountains. They stand out really well! As the others have said, I can't wait for the southern half!
    Thank you. I deliberately used a range of different colors to have the mountains fit better with regional climates.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Chris sadly doesn't have a website for his world.
    Would you be willing to ask Chris? And if Chris has no such website, if Chris is OK with you sharing a higher resolution here (and maybe share some worlddetails)?

And I apologize if you feel like I am asking for too much. Just ignore me, then. It's just I am such a worldbuilding and map geek, I always want to see more...better resolution, World history and lore etc etc . . I'm just too much of an enthusiast and I figure it never hurts to ask (but i do know that on a forum with no context, this can come of as demanding or entitled...this is not what i want people to "hear", hence these kind of clarifications. But still, if I have overstepped, I apologize, as said).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars