Thread: Aloha

Default Aloha

Hello everyone,

i'm 24 years old and i come from Germany.
    I'm pretty new to the topic cartographie, I just came to it while I was creating a fantasy world for memory routes, and improving imagination... the whole venture was so fun, so I started taking things serious.
    I wanted to create a world as logic and structured as possible. Of course location is an important part of this, so i decided to draw a little map with an app on my smartphone.
    I thought a bit about climate and water currents, and created some layers, it was kind of fun but it turned out to be not detailed enough. It wasn't very pretty too. ^^
    So I started creating a Photoshop file with my little map.
    While looking up the needed skills for Photoshop I came across the awesome YouTube videos from Jan Loos, in which he's progressively creating a pretty awesome world map.
    I decided to give it a try. I read a lot of stuff about how tectonic movement, climate, vulcanos, mountains, and rivers come to live, and just started while watching the video Jan is creating his own map.
    Since i'm new to the topic i hope for some useful feedback, thats why i'm here right now.
    I'll try to upload the PSD file so you guys may can take a look at the klimate layers and the other reference stuff, and give some feedback on that too.

I am also looking forward to get some good input from the work of you guys, and to read some of the awesome tutorials here, recently i am looking in the "How to get your rivers in the right place" thread, aweseome...

See you
    Last edited by bandersnatch; 11-26-2017 at 08:49 PM.