Thread: Rice Trend, but digital. How can I improve this?

Question Rice Trend, but digital. How can I improve this?

m3 variant.jpg
    TRIOS.png
    Rice copia.jpg

Hey guys! in the recent time I'm trying to explore a couple of tecniques because i'm feeling like i'm stuck in my learning curve. So i'm exploring trends and basic methods to find again that joy of exploration I had in the beginning of my map-making journey.

One thing I have made recently is to test a RICE map but in digital... Do you know those videos where people do use the rice to create a randomic map? I have created a Rice brush (you find the ABR here for Free) and I've played along with it.

I find it funny and I could create the two samples in this post. But I'm questioning myself if you know better ideas for it or if I can improve what I got so far!
    And, if you are interested in this video I explain the whole process made.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Fun idea! You could also make one that spits out bigger random pieces, to give a couple of different ranges of fractalization.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Fun idea! You could also make one that spits out bigger random pieces, to give a couple of different ranges of fractalization.
    This is interesting, just the "oval brush" didn't work as expected. I might try with a more geometric shape. Corners and sharp edges may work better.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings