Thread: Plausible Geographical and Climate Zone Maps

Default Plausible Geographical and Climate Zone Maps

Greetings all readers.

I do hope you are all doing well.

It has been a while since I have requested a map from the Cartographersguild, but as always, the talent here never disappoints. However, this time I need something a little different than my usual mapmaking requests. Cause this time I don't really need an artist, but instead need a climatologist and geologist (Or at least someone who can do the following as accurately as possible to make it plausible).

So, to start - I have already created a world map with land shapes. (excl; mountains, rivers). I would now like to use this world map and:

1. Create a map indicating plate tectonics and plate movement
    2. Create a map with wind and ocean currents (Summer / Winter)
    3. Create a map indicating temperature cells (Summer / Winter)
    4. Create a map indicating humidity (Winter / Summer)
    5. Create a map indicating high and low-pressure zones (Winter / Summer)
    6. Finally and the end-goal of the project - Create a map indicating the Köppen climate zones

To put it in a nutshell, I need a "plausible" world climate map and answer the question of "How did you determine this climate?"

As mentioned, very little artistic capabilities needed as I don't need you to colour up and finalize the map. (Well... we can discuss that proposal after this one is done.).

I have done some of the maps mentioned above, but this was my first time attempting to create a plausible climate and I didn't feel confident with the end results. I rather leave it to someone who has done this before and who can assist me through the process.

The deadline for this project is within 3 months though I doubt it will take that long. As always, I don't have a budget and feel the artist should quote according to his talent and time, so feel free to decide this yourself. (either per phase or for the complete project). payment can be made using paypal.

Few additional Notes:
    full copyrights.
    The map will/might be used in my YouTube channel/ website/ novels/ and for commercial use.

If anyone is interested, I will sent them the current demo of the world map I have created from which they can decide if this can be done or not.

Hi Maxicus,

I think I recognized myself from what you're asking. I'm a freelance cartographer as well as geographer, specialized in realistic worldbuilding. I have constructed fictional climates and tectonics for some people so I think I could help you too.

You can see here one similar project I recently made. These were made digitally, but I also (more often, in fact) use traditional tools, so I can draw the maps either ways.

In addition, I can help you with any other worldbuilding, and I can also work it to a finished map if you like. You can see some more of my portfolio from my website here.

If you think I'd be suitable, it would be nice to hear more about your worldbuilding project! You can email me to mikael [a] orbigraphia.com about your current demo so I can give you a quote.

-Mikael
    www.orbigraphia.com - More maps also in instagram @orbigraphia