First off, I am really excited about this forum.
I love the old school feel of it (i was born in 1980!) and of course I love maps.

My new business venture (Royale Maps) led me to this forum as I was doing some research.

I am French, but I moved with my family to the Isle of Man, you guys who are into fantasy worlds like myself would love this Island. We have cats with no tails, one of the oldest steam engine train, the world's largest active waterwheel, mysterious Celtics stone patterns and many local legends.

With my partner we just started Royale Maps, because of course we love maps, but also home decor styling.
We hand-draw ornamental maps from a large display tablet and then print them on museum-quality cotton paper.
Each maps takes weeks to draw of course, so we have just released 3 of them (Isle of Man, Florida and the Hawaiian islands).
We study real places, but we are a creative couple with lots of ideas, and I personally love SF as well (from Jules Vernes to Dan Simmons) so we will at some point touch on fictional themes.

Royale Maps re-introduces old-fashioned ornamental maps to the 21st century with a new purpose. We celebrate and illustrate what makes places of our real world magical, their legends, but also wildlife, endangered fauna & flora or fascinating geological topics (like volcanism for the Hawaiian Islands).

I would love to share our maps on this forum and get your feedback, but firstly I am not here for self promotion but share a passion, and secondly, as our maps represent real places, I don't know if it's of any interest to you? So I guess I'll find out chatting with you guys.

I love looking at the member's maps, I'm creative person, and love to loose myself into your worlds, so thank you.
As I am French, it's also important for me to find good excuses to write in English as much as possible. So feel free to correct me, you will be helping me

I guess that's enough for now, looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers.