Thread: Another New Member

Post Another New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm Daniel. I've been interested in maps since I was little - I used to draw maps of imaginary countries at different scales and even went as far as writing out a history for the places. I eventually grew up, earned a degree in geography, and got a GIS job. A couple weeks ago I decided to get back into creative cartography. I found this forum while looking for brushes to make trees and decided to stick around. I've been playing around with some bird's eye style maps lately and have been planning on making a Risk board. Hopefully I'll have some cool things to share here soon!

Hi Daniel and welcome. Good to hear you're getting back into fantasy mapping and we'll look forward to seeing some of your work. If you need help finding your way around, just holler.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hello Daniel

Looking forward to seeing some of your new work

Hey Daniel, welcome to the Guild! I look forward to seeing your work. I have started quite the same as you did, doodling maps and writing down small bits of history and I even started developing a boardgame set in my fictional world of Hothachar! Oh, and we're both called Daniel. That's crazy, huh?
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 04-11-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Hey Daniel, welcome to the Guild! I look forward to seeing your work. I have started quite the same as you did, doodling maps and writing down small bits of history and I even started developing a boardgame set in my fictional world of Hothachar! Oh, and we're both called Daniel. That's crazy, huh?
    haha yeah, I saw your Daniels Maps banner the other day and was jealous

Thanks for the welcome everyone

I'm a Daniel (Sue Daniel)

Good job I prefer Mouse, or we'd all get ourselves in a terrible muddle