Thread: RPG Maps

Guild Applicant

Map RPG Maps

Hello guys
    (maybe I confused the various Paid, Paid Taken, sorry for this)
    I need maps for Italian role-playing game which is based on the use of chats to play (the theme of the game is medieval fantasy). I tried to ask Mr. Jonathan Roberts because I really love the style and Jonathan directed me to this forum. (My English is not the best, I hope to explain myself well.)
    I'm also interested in how much it would cost me.

Actually the maps are structured in this way:
    a larger main map of the continent in which you can click for reaching the other regions. Those regions (4 regions) are characterized by other maps as well, filled with more details and presenting the tiny image of the major cities. By clicking on the cities, you get to the city map, filled with chat links for reaching other places within the city.

so:

- main map
    - region 1 (enlargement of a main map area)
    - region 2 (enlargement of a main map area)
    - region 3 (enlargement of a main map area)
    - region 4 (enlargement of a main map area)
    - city map 1
    - city map 2
    - city map 3
    - city map 4

if is possible,
    delivery time 1 to 2 months

Thanks to all and best regards
    Gloria
    Last edited by Glo_ry89; 03-18-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Hey Gloria, one thing that would affect the cost is the size of the maps.
    The size of the map will affect how much detail needs to be represented, which affects how much time it will take, which affects how much it will cost.
    City maps generally take longer than regional maps, due to the time to layout as well as draw all the buildings.

I would imagine that at the very least cost - each map would be no less than $75-100 x 9 maps... but that is the price a hobbyist would likely charge.
    A full time professional map maker would likely charge a good bit more than that. Then there would be the copyright issue as well.

I also wanted to note that you did not specify whether you were wanting black and white maps or full color maps.
    That too would affect the price.

Hope that helps you some.
    Cheers, J

Guild Applicant

Well, wow! I could never afford that kind of price. My game is free to play and I lack the necessary incomes for sustaining similar costs.
    Thinking more about your advices, I now realizes that my needs would probably ask an higher price.
    Thanks for your feedback anyway.
    Truly,

Gloria

No problem Gloria.
    Yes, it's a lot of work and hence a decent amount of cost to do the work.
    You may be able to find someone who would do it for less but not by much.
    Even $50 per map would be costly. Anything less would be far too low to ask someone to do.

Evenso, hopefully you'll be able to get your project done.
    Good luck Gloria.
    Cheers,
    J

Hi Gloria,

I am a hobby cartographer so I would charge less for maps as I am just starting out. I may be interested in this project and would like to learn more about it.

Take a look at my maps and see what you think: http://fantasy-worlds.weebly.com/gallery.html

Josiah

Guild Applicant

Hi Josiah,

thank you for your answer, I have seen your work and that's how I imagined the style colors of my maps, congratulations very nice!
    But the problem is the price , I really do not arrive in numbers too high, I'm sorry

About Copyright:
    My site gets views by role players and is advertised for free on a dedicated Italian game site I love that the artist retains copyright and thought I put in the credits Home Page , the name and web address.

my congratulations to all for the work you do

Gloria

I understand of course.

Perhaps you want just a few of the more important maps, maybe even just the main one?

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM