Thread: Looking for a cartographer to redo my map

Map Looking for a cartographer to redo my map

Hello, I am looking for someone who might be able to take my amateurish map and turn it into something good. I am happy with my world building and the settlements that exist within the world but the map itself could use some work.

I would like someone to take my map and redo it, fixing any geological/geographical errors, scaling issues and turn it into something aesthetically pleasing while keeping roughly consistent to the original (I want to keep the settlements* roughly in their relative positions). The map will be used on my World Anvil profile for a personal long term world building project. I have no plans at this time to publish my project.

*settlements not seen on the map itself but I will describe where they are if asked.

Map small.jpg

This is the setting for my TTRPG world (I play Pathfinder). I spent a few afternoons and a box of coloured pencils sketching out my map and colour coding the different biomes. I tried to stick as close to reality as I could but I am sure I made some errors. (I have a much higher resolution image if anyone is interested in critiquing it.)

I am not entirely certain what style I want it in and I am open to suggestions.

As for the quality, I only really need Semi-Professional quality for my purposes. It will be the map on my World Anvil page, so it needs to be fairly large so I can zoom in and place location markers. The size I am currently using is 6465 x 4321 but it can and probably should be made to a standard sizing.

The scale of the map I think I arbitrarily assigned to be 33km x 22.2 km (it was a 3x3 grid of maps I drew in my grid book and gave each one the dimensions of 11km x 7.4km) but this seems too small?

There is no time constraint, within reason of course. This is a long term project of mine to build this world and one day maybe run a game in it. I am in no rush to have this done but I am currently motivated to continue working on it due to having a lot more time on my hands lately.

As for copyright, I want to be able to use this map on my World Anvil world profile and will of course credit the cartographer on the image. I want to retain the rights to the concept, but the artwork itself can be used in your profile, hell even watermarked, just as long as I get to continue using it within my personal projects. Obviously I am open to discussing this in detail with anyone interested in this project.

As a person who has a marketable skill that expects to be paid for their services (chef), I would like to pay for this, I however do not know how much to offer, I feel like my request is fairly vague but I hope to be able to discuss a fair price for the map.

If this gets traction I will work out an appropriate avenue for contact, likely via Discord.

Hi,

your map seems quite interesting and I think I could help you with it! I think I have already some ideas about possible styles for the map.

Regarding your question, I'd say the landforms could refer to a bit larger area than 33 x 22,2 km.

If you like, you can have a look at my previous maps at my portfolio www.orbigraphia.com/portfolio and in my instagram page @orbigraphia. If you like what you see, send me for example an email at mikael@orbigraphia.com and we can discuss it further!

Best,

Mikael
    www.orbigraphia.com - More maps also in instagram @orbigraphia

Hello, Grim!

I would love to participate in this project! You can see my portfolio here - https://www.artstation.com/vb_maps and here - https://www.instagram.com/vb.maps/

If you are interested feel free to contact me at vdm.bulgakov@gmail.com

Thank you in advance

Hello Grim! I am also very interested in your project. This is totally in my skill range and I find the project quite exciting. ^^ You can see my portfolio here.

If you have any questions or if you would like to see a sketch, you can contact me at eowyncwper@gmail.com.

I hope you find the person you need!
    – Eowyn
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Thanks for the responses everyone! I read that I should expect to wait up to a month for people to take notice and so I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the following day. Now I have to take some time and look over portfolios.

Thanks all.

Hey Grim,
    I'd also be interested in working on this project with you. If you want to check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com that'd be great, and if you feel my style works for you you can email me at kateam@optonline.net or use the contact form on my site.

Hope to hear from you.
    Kate

Guild Novice

Hi Grim! LeslieAnn here from Lizard Ink Maps!

I’m interested in this project as well! If you would like to take a look at my portfolio, here you go! https://www.lizardinkmaps.com/portfolio

Here is my email if you would like to contact or have any questions! Leslieann@lizardinkmaps.com

Cheers!
    LeslieAnn

Hi Grim!

Your project really intrigued me and I would like to throw my hat into the ring!

My portfolio is on instagram, @ftwinckless

And my email is Freddie.winckless@gmail.com

Hope your project goes well!
    Last edited by Rubikia; 07-20-2020 at 05:24 PM.

I would certainly be interested in your commission I would like to discuss it further with you if you were interested in my art/ style for your project. You can see most of my past work here.

If you have any questions you can reach me at my email ralarismaps@gmail.com or any of the contacts linked on the website!

RalarisMaps

Hello Grim
    If this project isn't taken yet I would be interesting to make your map.
    You can see my work here: https://xploringmap.wixsite.com/home