Thread: ESB Overview map [commission]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map ESB Overview map [commission]

I recently finished the first of several maps for a writer in Sweden and a guild member, Marleene, who wanted something she could look at while writing the story and be inspired by, as well as fill in some of the landscape and terrain that she had not planned out yet.
    I set about trying to make a map that would be as inspiring as I could. I was pleased with the result, as was she.

With this map I was trying a lot of new techniques. I was also trying to improve my digital watercolor technique.
    I am really pleased with the hilly forest style I came up with. I've been trying for a while to convey that sort of thing.
    I spent a bit more time on this one than I probably should have but I think it was worth it.
    The original is 10x18 inches at 600 dpi so she could do a really nice print of it.
    Obviously I can't put up anything quite that large but the size should be large enough to convey it.
    As her story is still in progress various names were just placeholders at the moment.
    ESB Overview Map [edit] by sirinkman.jpg
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-27-2015 at 02:27 PM.