Thread: Not a Friendly Island

Guild Member

Default Not a Friendly Island

This is a refused commission turned into a study turned into a satisfied portfolio piece. I don't mind my work getting criticized instead I am looking forward for it.
    Enjoy
    gothic3mapPost.jpg

This is a really nice map, I don't see much to criticize really. The only thing I would say is that the water area feels a bit empty, you could add in some wave fronts, ships, sea monsters etc. You could also change the size of the image and your compass rose placement to reduce the amount of empty space.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Refused likely = stolen, next time watermark your art and only send low res art, and do a split payment tier (I do 50% after the sketch is approved, non-refundable, and 50% at the end). Because there's nothing wrong with this art. It's nice. I like the details.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I really like this as well, particularly how you have outlined the hills to show that they are forested yet kept their outline (I feel like I am repeating myself slightly there but hopefully the meaning came through). And welcome to the guild!