Explorers, trailblazers, and wanderers in the Cathedral Galaxy often find their home among kindred spirits in the Mariner Worlds.

CathedralGalaxy_Mariner_210605.jpg

This is a loose affiliation of peoples, not even all native to this sparse region of the galaxy. Navigating by pulsars, they have periodically launched expeditions outside the Cathedral Galaxy towards the smaller orbiting clusters in its local group. The Mariner Worlds are the unofficial adopted home of the Waygehn -- though they are spread throughout several other regions, as well.

I'm working through dedicated regional maps of each nation in the Cathedral Galaxy, filling out the larger universe as I go. I've been enlarging sections of the original galactic map, which I drew by hand, photographed, selectively inverted, and then colored and labeled in Photoshop. Each region gets annotated with the homeworlds of its people, some lore and flavor, and then its own unique focus for that particular region: here, pulsars with identifying markers and a hint at their unique signatures.