Thread: Hi from Arizona

Default Hi from Arizona

Hello all,

I've stopped by this forum in the past through google searches -- usually looking for Ascension's Atlas Style tutorial. I registered after I started pulling my hair out with my current novel.

I write steamy romance and I'm currently working on a paranormal romance with Shifters, Vampires, etc. I have zero background in cartograph. One of my leads is a freelance cartographer who mostly does 'fantasy maps' or 'decor maps'... I don't even know if she could actually make enough to live on just doing that. Or what software she would use. Or if she's more likely to use a Mac or PC due to software options.

And then there's my own need to "see" what's happening to the planet -- I like visuals and maps are awesome visuals!

I thought I'd join and poke around to get my bearings and read some of the stickied/pinned threads which might answer a lot of my questions. But don't worry, that just means I'll have new questions to ask!

I am in absolute awe of the work I've seen here already. I have no drawing talent whatsoever (I have to explain my stick figure drawings!), and really appreciate access to all the knowledge collected here.

I'm going back to making out with my A/C -- it's HOT here in Mesa, Arizona!

Anne

Welcome to the Guild Anne! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask, there’s always someone around here with a ton of knowledge willing to help out.

- Josh