Thread: B&W City Maps

Map B&W City Maps

Hi
    We are looking at commissioning a few B&W City maps for a soon to be published Fantasy Rpg. This will possibly lead to more work for Sourcebooks and campaign modules. If you are interested in this we are looking for someone who can work as part of the design team for the game and have input into how the cities look and feel. The person will also be credited for the work both in the games and on our websites etc.

If you would like to learn more then please comment on this thread and we will get back to you.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jgantry; 06-09-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey, welcome to the Guild.

How many maps do you want/need?

How large do these maps need to be? At what resolution?

What are the deadlines?

What is the budget per map?

At the moment we will need between 1-3 Maps for the main rulebook, we haven't decided on a exact number yet. Regarding the scale we aren't really sure, we are hoping we can chat with the cartographer and decide that between us, based on what the map will need. Deadlines will also depend on how long the Cartographer will need to complete the map based on the scale we decide. The main game is coming out in December this year so I guess thats the ultimate deadline. Our Budget will depend on various factors, if the cartographer is wanting to be part of the team then we can chat about royalties from the sale of books their maps are in on top of a commission. At the moment our budget is kinda low, as this is our first game and all I can work on are the prices we pay for our world maps, which is 100 euro's.

We would also be happy to use maps the cartographer has already created if they fit with what we want.

Thanks.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Hi Jgantry,

I'd love to be part of this project. If you want to check out my work, just click the link in my signature. Be sure to give a quick look at the work in progress section as well, since that's where my most recent endeavours can be found. Unfinished, but the best illustration of what I can do for you in the city map style.

The Sagitarii map is one I cod offer you off the shelf (I intended it as a practice map, but once finished it should be a pretty decent map in its own right!).

When you say B&W, do you mean line work only, or greyscale shading as well? Both are possible, just curious.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

I have already seen you work and I love it, I was hoping you would comment to be honest. I will have a quick look and then if you would like to chat you can email me at feralgamesinc (at) Gmail.

Sorry yeah greyscale as well would be cool, I like the Sagittari map and also the discontinued Cailltir map as well so lets have a chat

Hey Jgantry, I would like to work with you on this project.

You can check my portfolio on my website danielsmaps.com/portfolio/

Here is a link to another work in progress of mine that might be in teresting for you:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=32874

You can contact me here in the cartographers guild or email me directly at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon!

-Daniel

Hi
    I have sent emails to everyone that has replied so please check your inboxes.

Thanks