i quite like how the mountains frame the impact of the valley
Sundown
Created in : Krita
Review
Arsheesh is a well-known member of the Guild who's been active for many years, and has constantly improved and polished his iconic maps during that time.
What a surprise that he hasn't had a Cartographer's Choice yet! So, looking at this wonderful "Sundown" map, the occasion was just obvious. This splendid map immediately catches the attention with its colour palette, layout of the land, and smooth effective shading. Then, we're amazed by the numerous details, both on the map and the frame. A whole place with its cultures and features rendered in a map.
Finished map thread
i quite like how the mountains frame the impact of the valley
avatar by chuckdrawsthings. thanks chuck!
🛸Locus is creating Locus: The Magazine of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Field🛸
🌲link🌲tree🌲
This makes my day ! Congrats Tad !
Oh, more than deserved, this one! I'll have to echo our esteemed CL there; it is beyond me how Arsh hasn't gotten a CC until now. Love this one. Well done, mate.
It is a good map. I especially like boat dude in the bottom icon there. Such a classic.
Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels. No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!
It's a beautiful map, and the icons/illustrations really do add character.
Congrats, Arsheesh! Long overdue award.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
A splendid map for a well deserved award !!!
Congratulations Arsheesh !
Wait, what?! Wow, thanks everyone! I've been away from the Guild for a couple of weeks - feverishly working to finish up some projects - and had no idea about this award. What a wonderful surprise this is, I'm incredibly honored.
Cheers,
-Arsheesh