Thread: Unnamed WIP

Default Unnamed WIP

Got bored of revision so started drawing. This is what I've got so far, will update as it progresses. C&C welcome

Added some forests and coastlines. Not entirely sure about the dunes at the top or the pine at the bottom

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I can't say I'm a fan of the dunes myself, they don't seem very sandy and seem massive when comparing them to the mountains (which they may be in this world). As for the coastlines, you could continue doing more contours around the edges which may work, or erase bits here and there to make them more jagged.

I think the pines are fine and these are some great first uploads to the guild! Sorry for the more negative bits first, but there is plenty of good to say about them, though the picture quality doesn't really do them justice. The bushy forests work well, along with the mountain style and shading. The different types of region are also very clear and identifiable, and your land mass is a nice shape particularly with all the broken up islands.

Also, got to love your avatar pic!

Thanks for the comments, I probably will add more lines to the coast, and may try using smaller dunes (they were even bigger than these to start with).

As for picture quality, I don't have access to a scanner here at uni so I had to take a picture with my phone
    Last edited by mnm; 06-06-2016 at 08:42 AM.

Nice start, I know this is a sketch, but the Mountains look pyramidal, more jagged and not so straight down the sides may help. The forest are huge in comparison to the mountains, a mistakes I made time and time again. Check out a few maps by others on this. Nice start!

Did you intend the western continent to look like Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by HBrown View Post
    Did you intend the western continent to look like Africa?
    Not really, it just kinda happened

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    The forest are huge in comparison to the mountains, a mistakes I made time and time again.
    Do you mean the area they cover or the size of the icons?