Thread: Imperial Noble Seeks stelar Cartographer [Traveller TTRPG Fanon Project]

Default Imperial Noble Seeks stelar Cartographer [Traveller TTRPG Fanon Project]

Hello,

I am seeking several someones to aid in the development of art and maps for a fanan article I will be submitting to Freelance Traveller Mag. The subject of this article is an in depth write up of the history, culture, major and minor public figures, political structure and politics, geography, and cartography of the star system and each important celestial body.

This is a long term project and will include multiple pieces. Including, but not limited too, a system map, global maps of key planets, localised maps of continents, municipal maps of major settlements and cities, the star port, Asteroid colonies, Space stations, etc. So I have created a section in my discord only visible to those with the appropriate roles and a dropbox folder as a file repository. If you'd like to be invited to the discord and help out with the development of this system guide article, please DM me and I'll get you an invite link.

I can't think of any more information at the moment, but I'm great at answering questions.
    Last edited by someguy; 08-01-2024 at 02:26 PM.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

I might be interested. You can check out my portfolio here, which includes space maps in two different styles (look under Sci-Fi maps): https://www.deviantart.com/turambar91

Guild Apprentice Astrocartician's Avatar

I am not as good an artist as most of the people here. But I make space maps and this might be something I could do. You can look at my work here - https://astrocarticslab.company.site/

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocartician View Post
    I am not as good an artist as most of the people here. But I make space maps and this might be something I could do. You can look at my work here - https://astrocarticslab.company.site/
    How can you possibly say that about your art when you made this map!

You are just as good of an artist as anyone here.

I've made a space map or two. Most recently this one, although I can also do "realistic photographic looking planet" style space maps.

Almaera system 2 midres.jpg

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    How can you possibly say that about your art when you made this map!

You are just as good of an artist as anyone here.

I've made a space map or two. Most recently this one, although I can also do "realistic photographic looking planet" style space maps.

Almaera system 2 midres.jpg
    I'm inclined to agree.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Guild Apprentice Astrocartician's Avatar

Thank you guys for your compliments - they are very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Astrocartician; 08-01-2024 at 08:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    I might be interested. You can check out my portfolio here, which includes space maps in two different styles (look under Sci-Fi maps): https://www.deviantart.com/turambar91
    Sorry for the slow replies. Work has monopolized a lot of my time. There star system you did here is very much in line with that I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocartician View Post
    Looking at your site an in 5 seconds I was quite impressed. It definitely has a much higher quality than the vast majority of the art produced for the Traveller RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    Sorry for the slow replies. Work has monopolized a lot of my time. There star system you did here is very much in line with that I'm looking for.
    I would be happy to help! Feel free to DM me here or on Discord (turambar7695), or if you prefer you can email me at alexmacdonald91[at]gmail[dot]com.