Thread: So excited!

Default So excited!

Dug I love you.gif

I'm so glad a community like this exists. I'm looking to make a map for a story I'm writing but I want it to be vaguely accurate in terms of geography and weather effects. Which I think might be hard so I need all the help I can get.

Aaaw - that's lovely!

Thank you very much, Aera - and welcome to the Guild

If you want help with a map you've already started (or even if you just want to talk about the map before you start it and carry on from there) you might start a new thread in the Regional/world Mapping WIP subforum, and strike up a conversation about the things you need to know.

I look forward to seeing your work

Hahahah! That's adorable! Welcome to the Guild! There is lots to see here. Cheers!!
    ~ whisper

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aera View Post
    Dug I love you.gif

I'm so glad a community like this exists. I'm looking to make a map for a story I'm writing but I want it to be vaguely accurate in terms of geography and weather effects. Which I think might be hard so I need all the help I can get.
    Awesome! Hehe. Welcome to the guild. As with most things, practice in mapmaking makes one better in it. As Mouse said, the WIP subforum is a good place to start, you are more than welcome to ask any question you might have in regards to mapmaking.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Welcome ;-) i´m also pretty new @ theguild and already found so much so much qualified help - amazing

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

This must be the cutest intro I've seen yet. Welcome!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! This is going to be fun. I'm a little nervous to show my wip but I guess I have to start somewhere.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Thank you all for the warm welcome! This is going to be fun. I'm a little nervous to show my wip but I guess I have to start somewhere.
    No need to be nervous - this is probably the friendliest corner of the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post
    No need to be nervous - this is probably the friendliest corner of the internet

It seems that way! Everyone's maps are so cool though. I'm going to work harder on mine. I just threw it together in photoshop one night for reference and now I want to make it a work of art like everyone else.

Guild Apprentice

It seems that way! Everyone's maps are so cool though. I'm going to work harder on mine. I just threw it together in photoshop one night for reference and now I want to make it a work of art like everyone else.
    I'm excited to see it as it grows! I think it has some promise, and I think you'll do great here!