Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comission: Continent of Zorina

Default Comission: Continent of Zorina

Hi all.

I generally refrain from posting commissions on the forums, honestly for no other reason than my own laziness - DeviantArt has such handy built-in tools for automatically dropping the quality and watermarking the image, and as I'm more concerned about the images being stolen with commissioned work I usually can't be bothered to do it manually for the Guild forums.

I feel, however, that it's been such a long time since I posted any mapping work here, that it's worth popping in to show that I am indeed still alive and making maps. So many commissions lately that I haven't really had the time nor the energy to do any personal projects, but hopefully that will change at some point. There is a collaboration map I have been planning with someone, and that at the very least I am rather keen on getting properly on the road...

This was a private commission for a roleplaying campaign.

map_final_150dpi.jpg
    Last edited by Kellerica; 08-13-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Spheres! XD

Always love seeing anything from you. The texturework and lines on the ocean, the little scattered fluffy trees, the little curving island chains. The compass rose is simple and unobtrustive but works really well. I feel there is quite a bit of empty space to the east but often unavoidable in commissions like this.
    I know how much time this took and how much work went into it so glad that the client is, understandably, happy.
    And I look forward to seeing how the results of a collaborative map unfold...

Love the subtlety and detail of the wave lines around the coast. How did you manage to create them, if I may ask?

Nice one, Kell! Very elegant and not that dark, I might say .

Another cutie from Kell' ! I love every detail on this one... especially your mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    Spheres! XD

Always love seeing anything from you. The texturework and lines on the ocean, the little scattered fluffy trees, the little curving island chains. The compass rose is simple and unobtrustive but works really well. I feel there is quite a bit of empty space to the east but often unavoidable in commissions like this.
    I know how much time this took and how much work went into it so glad that the client is, understandably, happy.
    And I look forward to seeing how the results of a collaborative map unfold...
    Thank you! <3 Yeah, it did take a while, and I'm very glad to have it finished!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Love the subtlety and detail of the wave lines around the coast. How did you manage to create them, if I may ask?
    Thank you!
    That would be a strongly feathered mask on a layer with a wave Pattern overlay, beneath the "outer ring" layer you see around the coastline. Actually two separate patterns and two layers, now that I look at it again. Both created by me - and ones I still don't think quite work the way I want them to, so I'll have to tweak them some... Combined with a little colour adjustment from an Overlay style.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice one, Kell! Very elegant and not that dark, I might say .
    Hehe, thank you! Yeah, I think the colour scheme is rather light for me...

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Another cutie from Kell' ! I love every detail on this one... especially your mountains
    Thanks! I'm glad others like them, I'm still not a fan!

Simple yet beautiful and rock solid mapmaking.

I like the warm and natural feel of the leathery texture you chose.

About your mountains, there's a feeling of softness to them that really fits the rest of your map, like the delicate shorelines. It works really well. There's a lot of subtlety in your work.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Praise Great Watermark

Love the watermark. I'll have to come up with something similar for my maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Simple yet beautiful and rock solid mapmaking.

I like the warm and natural feel of the leathery texture you chose.

About your mountains, there's a feeling of softness to them that really fits the rest of your map, like the delicate shorelines. It works really well. There's a lot of subtlety in your work.
    Thank you! It means a lot coming from you, I really admire your work as I believe I have expressed on multiple occasions. The comment about subtlety is interesting, as that's not really a word I'd associate with my work... but I think I kind of see what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymus_Blaze View Post
    Love the watermark. I'll have to come up with something similar for my maps.
    Oh, thank you! A lot of time has been spent in tweaking that, so I'm glad it seems to have been worth it.

I too love the mountains. Very inspiring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast