Its still very beautiful
I think you've got the tone of it just right. I could easily imagine this design on an expensive hardback notebook or sketchpad.
Behold, the Blankest realm of all the Blanks!
This is something I quickly put together just to have some random little map to lay very lightly in the backround for my portfolio. So no frame, compass rose, labels or even roads or cities to distract the eye. I also made a couple of color versions so I'd have as many options as possible.
A sharp-eyed observer might also spot that the mountains may or may not be shamelessly re-used from a certain little fan-map I made a while back... So yeah, not much to this piece, truly. A quick and a generic map, designed to not stand out. I figured you guys might still enjoy it, especially since it ended up being so minimally featured in the portfolio that you can barely see it, so I kind of want to show it somewhere at least.
Blanks.jpg
Its still very beautiful
I think you've got the tone of it just right. I could easily imagine this design on an expensive hardback notebook or sketchpad.
Free parchments | Free seamless textures | Battle tiles / floor patterns | Room 1024 - textures for CC3 | GUILD CITY INDEX
No one is ever a failure until they give up trying
I really like the blue version. The shades and tone really set a nice mood.
-Elroy
Lovely maps in any case, I really love them, with maybe a little preference for the sepia-toned one maybe ?
I love how the island is the starting point of your rhumb lines, it's a lovely touch, and the balance is perfect
Really nice color variation and I love that tiny island that looks like a dismembered insect I won't even comment on the lineart, you know I love it !
As the others have said, this is still a very nice map (so yeah, i do enjoy it ).
I for one love that it is not as dark as your usual work. I like both versions equally well.
I'm trapped in Darkness,
Still I reach out for the Stars
Oh yes, this is a sweet map. I don't actually mind that it's blank, it has a certain elegance this way. The colour variations are a nice touch as well! Both are great, but my preference goes to the blue one
Thanks, you guys, glad you appreciate it despite the blankness.
I love the texture work, with the folds and creases, and can't decide which color I like better. It has a nice, organic feel. Lovely work!