Thread: Isinor - Overworld

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Wip Isinor - Overworld

Hi everyone, this is my first map I've created.

The map is for my D&D campaign set in a pretty normal fantasy world.
    I've put a few cities, towns and landmarks in already. Let me know what I can improve on so far!

Map_Overworld_2.png

Nice start. East of gravewoods is that supposed to be a large lake? At first I thought it was a sea but realized it is surrounded by land. What is the scale for this land?

I'm not sure about the font, some letters are a little hard to read. Like the mountains in the south east. Is it Gabil or Gahil? I always have trouble with fonts for my maps, but I'm sure others can give some better advice on what works and what doesn't. Or it could be just me

I really like the sketchiness, if that's a word, of your forests, cliffs, mountains. Great job so far for your first map. Keep going and post updates as you add more details.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Orc View Post
    Nice start. East of gravewoods is that supposed to be a large lake? At first I thought it was a sea but realized it is surrounded by land. What is the scale for this land?
    Indeed, it is supposed to be a large lake. You're right, it might not be as clear on first glance as it is, I'm going to add some depth in the water later with which I hope to clear it up. I'd say this is about the size of Denmark, so it's decently sized.

I'm not sure about the font, some letters are a little hard to read. Like the mountains in the south east. Is it Gabil or Gahil? I always have trouble with fonts for my maps, but I'm sure others can give some better advice on what works and what doesn't. Or it could be just me
    You're right about the font, I still need to find a good font for my map. I tried adding a small glow to it to increase the contrast, but a bold font might help with readability a lot.

I really like the sketchiness, if that's a word, of your forests, cliffs, mountains. Great job so far for your first map. Keep going and post updates as you add more details.
    Thanks! I try to go for a bit of a sketchy map, at least with the line-work.

I'm glad it looks good so far, really happy with it! Will post updates as I go along