Thread: Fictional Pangea Map

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Wip Fictional Pangea Map

Hey Folks,

this is my first post in this forum with a fictional map i created over the last weeks. Actually it's the 4th version and still long from being finished.

One of the main issues is, to find or draw a canyon for southern end of the huge mountains seperating the central desert from moderate climates

A view areas are still blank and will be filled in the next days but i'm running out of ideas.

Map is updated after the great comments by Savage Orc

Any comments and every single input is appreciated!

Cheers Oliver
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Oliver Braun; 06-24-2016 at 05:21 PM.

I think you have a really nice start.

Don't take my following comments as definitive as I'm still relatively new, but I am assuming this is on a pretty large scale, since you put Pangaea in the subject. With that in mind, for the scale, the rivers seem like they are a little wide. Same for your mountains etc... but if you are going for a less than realistic style they may be fine.

As for style, I like the mountains, hills, trees, and the characters (the person tilling the field, etc), but I think the water, that has a lot of texture, seems to stick out against the smooth land. So maybe it could be toned down or texture added to the land.

Just my 2 cents. But I think you are doing a great job so far, and your 1st post, no less. Keep it up.

Thank you very much for your comments and advice.
    This was planned as a ancient fantasy map but after watching several tutorials i put in more and more details.
    I now toned the water down but still plan to add darker blue tones for the deeper parts of the oceans. So there'll be more textures added to the land.

Question

Maybe i've found a solution for my canyons.
    What are your opinions?
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...5&d=1466884045