Thread: Hello from US

Default Hello from US

Howdy all! New here just started taking mapping seriously for enjoyment and for my D&D games. I stumbled across this site while falling down the internet rabbit hole and am excited to see what the guild has to offer. Eitherway I do have a couple of questions maybe some other members can point me in the right direction:

1. Are there any suggestions on creating a really nice blended texture for terrains in world maps/city maps

2. I use GIMP primarily for creating these days any suggestions on brushes and color pallets

Eitherway look forward in seeing yall out here, happy mapping!

Quote Originally Posted by GrosFr0mage View Post
    Howdy all! New here just started taking mapping seriously for enjoyment and for my D&D games. I stumbled across this site while falling down the internet rabbit hole and am excited to see what the guild has to offer. Eitherway I do have a couple of questions maybe some other members can point me in the right direction:

1. Are there any suggestions on creating a really nice blended texture for terrains in world maps/city maps

2. I use GIMP primarily for creating these days any suggestions on brushes and color pallets

Eitherway look forward in seeing yall out here, happy mapping!

I am new as well. I am at the map making phase of my dungeon. Converting a 2.5 to pathfinder.

hello grosfr0mage! nice username i am certain you'll find the right textures for the map here.

Hi, welcome.

I often go to Pixabay, Pxhere, and Textures.com for textures, and also some of my old standbys are from DeviantArt. Hang on, I'll pimp you out with some freebies.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

palm loop aerial-shot-bird's-eye-view-from-above-palm-trees-trees-1519811-pxhere.com.jpgrockynolakebuttrees.jpgabove-above-view-abstract-aerial-aerial-shot-aerial-view-1562419-pxhere.com.jpg

Here are some I made to infinitely loop out of pxhere textures. Unreleased until now! I just made them last night. I don't know how they'll work but basically I used 'affine' in Affinity to recenter the picture and the clone tool until I had a texture I though was interesting with no obvious lines.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!