Thread: Hi there

Guild Applicant

Default Hi there

So, I have just started drawing maps as part of the worldbuilding I am doing for a story I want to write. I am an absolute beginner with no real skill, for me words are easier to put to paper than lines. I draw by hand and you'll probably see me lurking in the map section, trying hard to glean methods and techniques from the amazing work that lies within. In case I ask too many helpless questions of how-to's... sorry!

Hi and welcome to the Guild!

Don't worry at all about asking too many questions. Discussions and the sharing of ideas is the whole point of the forum. We'll look forward to trying to help you if we can. Hand-drawn maps are always popular here, and there are quite a number of members who only hand-draw. If you want to take it further and go digital, there are others who can help with that too.

Feel free to start a thread if you're ready to show what you're working on. Otherwise, don't hesitate to dive into a discussion if you'd like to know more about what the artist is working on.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Applicant

Hi ChickPea, and thank you for the welcome

Hello ttschmidt

Just like ChickPea says there are many here who hand draw maps. I'm currently working on one right now.

Looking forward to seeing your work

Default Greets

Greets and salus. I'm a GiS professional working for local government. I've always had an ambition to start with a basemap and add layers for individual adventure's and modules.

Guild Applicant

Hi Mouse and AMACKINNON, thank you for the welcome

Blog Entries

It's fun

Although i got out of D&D mapping in the late `80's
    i do work with nasa imaging data to make photomosaic maps of planets ,minor bodies,moons,minor moons and chunks of mostly ice ( comets)

just remember : " TO HAVE FUN "
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---