Thread: Noria, a country half jungle half temperate plains

Default Noria, a country half jungle half temperate plains

Hello everyone,

my newest map is close to finished now. I am posting here in hopes of getting feedback on style, layout, etc. The rotated layout is due to the long skinny shape of the country. It will be a double page spread in an atlas which is then meant to be rotated by 90° when viewed.
    A little bit about the world and the country: This is on the tidally locked planet of the Strand, north ("Lux") is where the sun is always shining. The luxal part of the country is a very dense rainforest, that's why the roads are sparse. Almost all movement is by the rivers. But deep inside the forest is where the rare resources like wildlife, exotic woods and plants are, so the cities formed there and are connected by rivers and hard won breaches in the thicket. In the southern ("Nox") part, a temperate clime is found with a dense urban civilization. The two ethnic groups living in these very different environs have differing views on most things but are united in their common goals and profit from one another. Resources from the forest for the temperate land people, protection and development for the forest people.

map.png

Quote Originally Posted by nAUTILUS View Post
    Hello everyone,

my newest map is close to finished now. I am posting here in hopes of getting feedback on style, layout, etc. The rotated layout is due to the long skinny shape of the country. It will be a double page spread in an atlas which is then meant to be rotated by 90° when viewed.
    A little bit about the world and the country: This is on the tidally locked planet of the Strand, north ("Lux") is where the sun is always shining. The luxal part of the country is a very dense rainforest, that's why the roads are sparse. Almost all movement is by the rivers. But deep inside the forest is where the rare resources like wildlife, exotic woods and plants are, so the cities formed there and are connected by rivers and hard won breaches in the thicket. In the southern ("Nox") part, a temperate clime is found with a dense urban civilization. The two ethnic groups living in these very different environs have differing views on most things but are united in their common goals and profit from one another. Resources from the forest for the temperate land people, protection and development for the forest people.

map.png
    Another great map! My only comment is that having the labels sideways is a bit hard to read.

Thanks! You're right about the labels but it was the only way to orient the map without having tons of empty space. As this is intended for a physical book which can be rotated I think itll be alright. The times atlas does it as well, that's where I got the idea in the first place.