Thread: Fantasy Continent Map (Looking for art and design assistance)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Fantasy Continent Map (Looking for art and design assistance)

Project:
    Looking to comission an artist for the creation of a fantasy continent that I've been using for my homebrew DnD game. The continent is quite large and has already been drafted, but I am also looking for some serious advice to make it make more sense. I lack the knowledge to create landmasses that make sense, so I'd love an artist willing to give design advice. I do not intend for this to just be a copy of my draft, but I understand if I am asking too much for my asking price

Payment:
    I'd be willing to pay up to $200 canadian dollars (~150 USD)

Deadline:
    Anywhere in the next 2 or so weeks, preferably before first of August.

Current design:
    I think I attached an image, but if I didn't I'll do my best to explain. Vanton is the largest continent of my world and is home to a wide range of biomes, but they are pretty haphazardly placed.
    The South west is occupied by the Gale Wood which is pretty sparsely decorated but is where the focus of my game is atm. I also created the "scale" here, which is 1 day of travel is equal to the distance of Rispin and Orsbricht, so about 24 ish miles. I'm not sure if these works, especially when put into context of other areas of the continent. This is definitely an area I'm looking to fill out, along with the rest of the continent tbh, I feel like it is all so sparse with little differentiation between these areas. The northen portions are populated with a desert and a large river, along with the largest city on the continent, Carthans. This is still v WIP, along with the south west and western portions of the map.There is a mountain range, but I feel like its awkward and would like to see this adapted.

End thoughts: In total, I'm looking for someone willing to go back and forth a bit on the design and how best we can develop this map. I want to be respectful of your time and experience, so if the price tag doesnt fit we can look at shrinking the expectations or map to better fit. You can reach me at saffron1825@gmail.com. Discord messaging would be preferable though.

Thanks for your help and interest!
    Attached Images Attached Images