Thread: Paid request for a map for my fantasy novel

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Post Paid request for a map for my fantasy novel

Hello,

I have written a fantasy novel for which I need a map. The book is the second I have written. They are labors of love not profit. The book will only be released in digital format through kindle.

Scope:
    The map will be one of a northern half of a small continent. It is similar to North America in many ways, though smaller in scale.

Number of maps:

It can be done in either one or two. It will be only one map, however, it could potentially be done so that it spans two digital pages.

Technical: This is taken from the kindle image formatting webpage

Kindle Direct Publishing converts images along with text content for upload to the Kindle Store and display on the Kindle and other supported devices. Kindle Direct Publishing can process graphics in the following formats:

GIF (or .gif)
    PNG (or .png)
    BMP (or .bmp)
    JPEG (or .jpeg)

On Kindle E Ink devices that currently have a black and white screen, images will appear in 16 shades of gray for contrast and clarity. Other Kindle devices and applications, such as the Fire and Kindle for iPhone or PC, will display images in color.

The Kindle book format supports JPEG and GIF interior image files up to 5MB.

An HTML image with an aspect ratio of 9:11 automatically displays with maximum screen coverage.

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps in the setting sourcebook and for promotional materials.

Deadline:
    Sometime within the next couple of months. I hope to have the book out soon.

Payment:
    $100, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final files.

Style:
    To be honest I haven't found any examples of the exact style I want. I am potentially open to suggestions. The only thing that is possibly unique to my request is that I would like the map to show a bit of the curvature of the earth (a character travels to a mountain at the northern most point of the earth, so it is pertinent to the plot). Also, the very crude version I drew for myself on piece of paper looks a bit bare. Embellishments could be welcome.

I cannot be contact via private messages through this website. Anyone interested in the project can contact me at jaredtrueheart@gmail.com

Thanks in advance to all those interested

Um, I sent you a mail or two a few days ago

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Thanks for the interest to those who were interested but I have decided on a cartographer who has agreed to make this map for me. I got some responses from a few very talented people but since I have decided and the work has begun there is no more need for me to search. Thanks again everyone.