Thread: May/June 2016 Lite Mapping Challenge: Trezu

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Default May/June 2016 Lite Mapping Challenge: Trezu

Okay, very late to the game on this one. I have been working on it for a little bit, but was never sure if I'd be finished for the challenge so never posted it. Anyway, I'm almost done and hopefully can finish before the deadline later today, but otherwise here we are:

### Latest WIP ###
    Mage's Commission.jpg

It's certainly has improved my colouring skills, which were majorly flawed in previous maps in which I attempted colour. I think they've come out okay in this piece though.

What I hope to add if I get a chance before later is another illustration (not sure what), maybe another forest type, the legend and the border decorations.

Well here's an update. I doubt it'll change anymore from this before the end! Didn't do anymore proper illustrations but I managed the other things on the list!

### Latest WIP ###
    Mage's Commission 2.jpg

I'm pleased I managed to just about get this in time and be a part of the challenge!

Wow, I thought you were joking when you said you were joining in with this one when there were only a few hours left! Nothing like a deadline to motivate.

Looking good. I like the colour palette you've chosen. Hope you manage to get the final touches in place before the deadline.

EDIT: you just ninja posted haha!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    You just ninja posted haha!
    Yup, just managed to sneak in there, haha! And I half didn't expect to have anything at all myself!

Oh, and thanks for saying so, colours have always been the part I've struggled most with so I'm pleased it's working. Also, trying the more unusual grey and dark red combo is interesting!
    Last edited by Greg; 06-14-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Welcome to the Challenge GLS, I really like the Grey and Dark Red border. Excellent. The rest of the map is really nice too.