Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: June/July 2016 Lite Challenge: Death Comes Calling Along the Silk Road

Wip June/July 2016 Lite Challenge: Death Comes Calling Along the Silk Road

### Latest WIP ### Had to entry this, just sounded like too much fun! Here's my outline;

DEATH COMES CALLING

Along the Silk Road a small village oasis has existed for many centuries as a save haven for travelers along this ancient route. While desert sands swallowed up the surrounding landscape, this desert Oasis has thrived, fed by an underwater stream.

Recent events have led the elders to assemble the residents to the town square to discuss these anomalies.

The “WELL” at the center of the square which feeds the residents, fields, and livestock has suddenly run murky with a foul smell and a thickening of the water. Small insects seem to be multiplying in this sludge and the governor was repeatedly bitten by these unfamiliar creatures.

Sand storms in the last month have consumed a few buildings on the outskirts of town and seem to be shallowing up larger swaths each passing day. Just last week, a sinkhole developed under the money-takers main assembly hall, while their annual audit was being conducted, injuring a dozen.

A few residents have also developed rashes, from what appears to be a fungus, in this arid environment.

Is this a natural occurrence or something lurking from below? Will the locals figure out what is reeking havoc on their oasis or will they succumb to these strange phenomena?

Word is out in this transient traders route, perhaps a foreigner may know what could be causing these events to unfold. What will become of this vanishing Oasis?

Really nice cliffhanger. Will impatiently wait for the next update .

Great idea, I may have to steal it for one of my games. I just ran across a new monster called a Desert Stalker that I want to spring on my players and it would fit right in with this.

Wow, sounds awesome, cant wait to see it
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Blog Entries

Yeah sounds good. Just put the latest wip tag in just above the attachment - i.e. at the end of your post. Its not necessary at the start of the thread or anything like that.

Hehe this is going to be epic!

You're a brave man taking on both challenges at once.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Wip

Here's the initial drawing style and size, the homes will be mud/brick/stone, very little wood here, and homes will be carved up into the mountainside, based on the ancient city of Turfan - on the silk road. The town center has vegetation but quickly vanishes from here, dry arid region on the Taklamakan Desert.

In the town square is the "Water Well of Life", fed by the mountain melt and underground springs.
    ### Latest WIP ###

DeathSilkRoad1b.jpgDeathSilkRoad1.jpg

Great start, looking forward to seeing this develop.

Great start indeed. And I like a lot your story... a nice addition to your silk road boargame ?

Thanks Bogie and Ilanthar;

Yeah it is part of my Silk Road maps and I'll be using somewhat the same coloring scheme. Here some line work of the houses built into the mountain side, and initial sketches on the two illustrations - somethings amuck in the water (rotting corpses currently) and from the depth of the cave in the mountain, not sure what yet, comments welcome.DeathSilkRoad2.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast