Thread: Greetings! - Dutch in Denmark

Default Greetings! - Dutch in Denmark

Hello there!

I was wandering around online in search for any potential artists that are focused or experienced in creating world maps and I did not know I would stumble upon a beauty of a forum like this. This is an absolute delight and I am very eager to keep on exploring the forums more and more now that I've already been mind blown by some of the maps that have been created.

As for me: I am a 26 year old guy located in Denmark. (Originally from the Netherlands.) Enthusiastic tabletop storyteller and player. (Gamer as well!) Quite eager to continuously build more and more maps for my players using the Roll20 provided tools. Sadly my drawing skills are incredibly sub par so I try my best using the resources at hand. I am not quite sure what more to put on here but I am very receptive towards any questions you may have! Mostly an open book so feel free to shoot. :-)

Kind regards,
    Gamma

Heh, well, I'm glad you found your way over here! The Guild is honestly a treasure tove of beautiful maps. I've been an active member for years now and it still blows me away just how much talent these halls hold.
    Do you do any mapping yourself? If you aren't that keen on having a pencil in your hand, look into digital mapping if you haven't already. Plenty of ways you can create maps without having to draw a single line...

Well, in any case, welcome to the Guild! Take a look around, and don't hesitate to ask if you need something
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Welcome to the guild Gamma! If you have questions concerning making your own maps, just feel free to ask. There are plenty of people with different skills around here, who are also open books (at least concering their mapmaking)

Hey there!

I very much appreciate the welcome! I have to admit that the only map making I've done is in Roll20 itself. Generally I create these maps for DnD/Pathfinder esque situations so you can imagine it is mostly some smaller scale landscaping using the pre-drawn resources offered by their marketplace. (I will admit to being very guilty of spending way too much money on that.) I've once tried to lay my hands on using Photoshop to create a map and that was.. Interesting. I am definitely going to scope around and get some inspiration! I already welcome the invitation of getting some assistance or feedback from others.

/Gamma