Thread: Hi. First post to count to the 5 :)

Guild Applicant

Default Hi. First post to count to the 5 :)

Hey. I'm an online Risk game player, have played since 1999. I played on one map for over a decade one site, till I found another site that I liked and they had a variety of maps. After making suggestions of a map I'd like to play on, I started dabbling with cartography to initially submit my idea but I was a little bit hooked and an added hobby. I come here to get inspired by all the amazing art, baffled at how you do it. peace

Welcome to the guild. I don't know how active it is but good luck becoming the cartographer you want to be.

Hi and welcome Hoodlum

Mapping is an art that can be learned. If you click the third tab at the top of this page and scroll down you will see all the various sub forums. One of these (near the bottom) is where all the tutorial threads are kept. There are literally hundreds of tutorials on how to do just about anything mappy, with lots of different apps.

If you just want to keep tabs on what's going on you can watch the Activity Stream (the second tab at the top of the page), where comments appear the moment they are made, wherever they are in the forums. Clicking the thread title will take you to the first comment in the thread. Clicking the 'see more' link will take you directly to that particular comment. And clicking the avatar name will take you to that member's profile.

Happy mapping!

Guild Novice

Hi Hoodlum,

I think this response marks my 4/5 posts Welcome to the site.
    Brian