Thread: Hello Guild!

Post Hello Guild!

Hi, I'm CanAbyssKahn/Genzong. I don't know much about map making but I like taking cool maps and bringing them to life in Minecraft. Decided to make an account on this site after seeing THIS. To keep up with this project please visit HERE. Looking forward to the projects I can find here and even the possibility of getting help for said projects

My Twitter

Now live on Flinders Island in the Bass Strait between mainland Australia and Tasmania (40deg lat)
    Blog Entries

That's right, just cream off others' work because you can't do it yourself - parasite
    "To imagine is to be human; to be human is to imagine. We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

Welcome to the guild CanAbyssKahn! Most... of us appropriate all forms of cartography, do not let your energy be drained by the self-righteous disdain of others. Good luck in your work! We find inspiration everywhere, and I love what you do!

EDIT: I didn't see the original post however. It would be as I said, if you gave credit. I don't take back what I said about the nasty comment though, it was harsh.
    Last edited by LordCartoart; 05-10-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAbyssKahn View Post
    Hi, I'm CanAbyssKahn/Genzong. I don't know much about map making but I like taking cool maps and bringing them to life in Minecraft. Decided to make an account on this site after seeing THIS. To keep up with this project please visit HERE. Looking forward to the projects I can find here and even the possibility of getting help for said projects

My Twitter
    We have already established that the project you are working on is illegal, CanAbyssKahn, since Charles has refused permission for you to use his world in the creation of your own. Yet you have stubbornly refused to stop what you are doing with Charles's world and you carry on regardless.

While I cannot condone some of the comments that have been aimed at you in the last few hours, you must understand that what you are doing to Charles is offensive to us, and you should expect that feelings about you and your activities here will have a tendency to run rather high.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    We have already established that the project you are working on is illegal, CanAbyssKahn, since Charles has refused permission for you to use his world in the creation of your own. Yet you have stubbornly refused to stop what you are doing with Charles's world and you carry on regardless.

While I cannot condone some of the comments that have been aimed at you in the last few hours, you must understand that what you are doing to Charles is offensive to us, and you should expect that feelings about you and your activities here will have a tendency to run rather high.
    Why can you all not understand what I am saying. I'm not making my project by copying his work. I just used it as inspiration and linked to his work because it got my creative juices flowing.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CanAbyssKahn View Post
    Why can you all not understand what I am saying. I'm not making my project by copying his work. I just used it as inspiration and linked to his work because it got my creative juices flowing.
    I'm new here, but FWIW I took your initial post to mean you were inspired by another post and decided to start map-making on your own. I didn't get the impression you were plagiarizing anyone.

Wow. I am sorry I endorsed this... I did not know the full extent of the matter. This is inspiration by no account.