Thread: My first Map (Astana)

Default My first Map (Astana)

Here we go the map is complete after probably about 10 hours it’s my first map so not too the standard that other people are my volcano is a shield volcano so no peak, I have taken on board what people have said so far about how too make a map better ready to start my next one next week, a bit of background information, Butterfly Island has no inhabitants as anyone that goes to try and explore it never returns, looking forward to doing my next one, any advice welcome please be nice 😂 IMG_4720.jpeg

Great first map the shapes and placement of things have a nice old time feel when things were drawn by hand and important places emphasized in scale. One thing you might want to think about is that you don't have to fill all the corners of the page, and you can use more diagonals. But that's not necessary, it's just a choice if you feel like it. A lot of mappers start out with rectangular shapes, filling the corners, and making at least one landform in the shape of a creature mine was a dragon, if I recall correctly.