Thread: Kingdom of Eterea

Wip Kingdom of Eterea

Greetings!

This is a region in the world of Dukori. While the world map has not been created this will be the first area I've made for it. This is for a campaign setting I created for my group of Pathfinder players. As we are planning on this area being the primary place of adventure for the entire campaign I figured it would be a good idea to create a map for it.

I still need to come up with names for the cities and I was thinking about maybe adding a few well known landmarks as well.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking a look!

Dukori.png

Added some names for the cities and added the now ruined dwarven capitol location in Mt. Beardmoore. I'm unsure what kind of scaling I want to do for it yet. I'm thinking it is going to be 15 or 20 miles for each half inch though I'm not sure if that is large enough?

Any feedback is greatly welcomed. I really want to improve upon this map as much as I possible can.

Eterea.png

You've got some good looking stuff here. A couple points for improvement:

"Foothills" generally run along the base of a mountain range (hence the name).

Your coastlines seem to clash stylistically with the rest of the map. The mountains and forests are drawn in a very detailed way, with hard black lines. You should find a way to imitate that with your coastlines.

Thanks for the input. Taking what you said into consideration I've added some mountains in the area of the foothills and outlined the shore with a darker color. Let me know what ya think!

Eterea 2.png

I'm digging it. Nice clean work and easy to identify features and read names. Well done so far. Not sure what else you have planned for this, but it already looks very usable.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Thanks for the input!

I think I may add another city or two but I'm unsure about adding any other landmarks as I'm trying to avoid it becoming too busy, any input it welcome for in this area. This map is a general overview of the area and I plan on making other maps that are basically "zoomed in" versions of the current landmarks that give a more detailed layout of the area.