Thread: Lycoria [Critique]

Wip Lycoria [Critique]

Hi, I'm preparing a GURPS game with my own custom lore. So I created a map for that. I used one of the tutorials which published in this forum and I'm satisfied with results. Here it is.

yV1ycss.png

I added rivers, mountains, forests, swamps. They might look bad because they are hand (in this case, mouse) drawn. I'm gonna add cities and villages then name most of mountains, rivers etc. But I don't think it's enough for a map. This is my first map, so I don't know what I can do else. Can you suggest anything? Also, is there anything wrong with my map? Any suggestions about map in general?

Thanks in advance.

This map is looking great so far! I love the old parchment style.

I think that if you connected some of the smaller mountain ranges together, it would add an effect of greater scale to the map. Also, I suggest darkening the water a little more, so that it can be easier to differentiate it from the land.

I'm sure if you add and label the cities, villages, nations, mountains, and forests (and maybe a river or two) it will be enough.

Great work so far!

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by LordCartoart View Post
    This map is looking great so far! I love the old parchment style.

I think that if you connected some of the smaller mountain ranges together, it would add an effect of greater scale to the map. Also, I suggest darkening the water a little more, so that it can be easier to differentiate it from the land.

I'm sure if you add and label the cities, villages, nations, mountains, and forests (and maybe a river or two) it will be enough.

Great work so far!
    Thanks! I've connected mountain ranges as you suggested and it looks more realistic now! Also darkened the colour of water a bit.

Here is the result:

rC7tEAL.png

That's a huge improvement in your mountains. They look much better now!

The only thing that really jumps out at me is that your rivers seem a little blurred. All the other elements are sharp and clear, and it makes the rivers look fuzzy by comparison.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    That's a huge improvement in your mountains. They look much better now!

The only thing that really jumps out at me is that your rivers seem a little blurred. All the other elements are sharp and clear, and it makes the rivers look fuzzy by comparison.
    Thanks! I'm aware of that, I will try to fix that.