Thread: September/October 2024 Challenge: Nightcloak Castle

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Map September/October 2024 Challenge: Nightcloak Castle

Hi everyone! This is my first shot at the five hour challenge.

Starting time: September 27 > 14pm - 16:18 pm
    Clock so far: 2 h 18m

I thought I'd draw a castle located in the Sorvendyre region of myTai'Vior world.

NIGHTCLOAK CASTLE:

Located south of Pri'Ska and perched upon a rugged cliff, Nightcloak Castle commands a commanding view of the surrounding lands and the mysterious Enigmere.

This imposing fortress stands at the edge of the Cordyspire Woods, a dark and foreboding forest that houses the ancient ruins of Jiptah.
    As travelers approach the castle, they can see its silhouette rising above the delta formed by the winding River Morveen, while the eerie rolling mists of the Dimma Shroud cloak the fortress in a blanket of mystery.
    Nightcloak Castle, once the seat of power for a long-lost dynasty, now harbors a web of political intrigue and hidden rivalries. The noble families that reside within its walls engage in a delicate dance of power,
    each vying for control and influence while maintaining a façade of politeness and decorum.

Behind the grand halls and lavish feasts, dark secrets lurk in the castle's ancient stone walls, waiting to be unearthed by intrepid adventurers. And while some may think sleep would go undisturbed, within the castle's
    shadowy corridors, adventurers may find themselves entangled in a treacherous web of betrayal and deception.

The walls are riddled with old hidden passages. Where one may find an old libraries or mysterious figures with hidden agendas that lurk in the castle's depths, ready to thwart or aid those who dare to seek the truth.
    Within its walls, one may as easily encounter noble lords and ladies, courtiers skilled in manipulation, as a knife in the back.

### Latest WIP ###
    Nightcloak Castle_v1_2h_.jpeg

I would be interested in your thoughts of the direction of the map.

P.S. The brightness will go up some eventually.
    Last edited by XCali; Today at 02:22 PM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Great start! Looks cool so far