Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mar / April '18 Lite Challenge: The Lands of Corilliant

Default Mar / April '18 Lite Challenge: The Lands of Corilliant

So, I finally took all my courage to enter this challenge. I haven't done any pencil drawing for several years and I've never tried a map like this, but I think the challenges are perfect for trying out new things.

I'm heading for a "cliché" fantasy map with fun locations, lots of icons and not concentrating on realism. I've always wanted to do a map like this, but it wouldn't fit into my worldbuilding.
    At this stage I'm just sketching around, so it's still a bit of a mess (I will ink and perhaps color it later on). I hope I'll be able to finish it in time.

### Latest WIP ###
    corilliant1.jpg

You have a great start here. It looks indeed like a fun fantasy map.

For me, getting to this stage of a somewhat final pencil sketch (coming up with the coastline, mountains, lakes, icons etc.) is the hardest part, so well done.

Thanks so much, nopkin! I'm not confident enough with the sketch to start inking right away, so I think I have to work a bit more with the pencil. I also have to plan the labelling, but after that I hopefully can put the pencil away.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

I like the looks of this, especially all of the details (like the sinking ship, lighthouse, etc.). The lighthouse caught my eye right away.

I'm never confident enough to start inking right away! And lately I've been cheating and moving to Photoshop once the pencil outline is done.

Welcome to the challenge Neyasha! Really nice start. You have 2 weeks to finish so it is do-able.

Those mountains are promising greatness

Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Guild Novice

I wanna jump right in and excavate the heck outta that mine!!!

Nice start!

Thanks for all your nice comments!

I couldn't find any time for quite a while but today I finally started inking. It's a lot of fun although I'm really struggling with it. I haven't done this for years and I also don't have the same quill I owned and loved back then. I'm not so happy with the labelling but ink is an unforgiving medium, so I just have to live with it.

### Latest WIP ###
    corilliant2.jpg

Nice. I don't have the patience or a steady enough hand for that kind of work anymore. But it's always pleasant to see others work it well. Assume these are just snap shots right now. Are you planning to scan it once you're done?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast