Thread: Aug / Sep 17 lite challenge: Bastions Fork

Post Aug / Sep 17 lite challenge: Bastions Fork

Well been a bit, thought it time to get off my butt and back at it decided to do a simple fantasy village and while I was working on it I got the idea to dress it up a little like it was the map of a local ranger or hunter so I added a few icons to indicate local game/dangerous wildlife. I had a blast with this one so I hope you guys enjoy.### Latest WIP ###2017-09-06-14-07-46.jpg

Very creative map, there's no point in mapping if you can't have fun doing it!
    Welcome to the Challenge!!

Guild Expert

I love the border, and the compass with the tree that's really cool, and I really enjoy these warm colours, I just wish it had better resolution so I could see it better, and I like the animal silhouettes but they seem a little crisp and digital compared to the rest, maybe just a very slight blur on the edges? I'm not sure if it's intentional or not but It looks like there's little symbols hidden amongst all the texture lines and I think that's pretty neat. Aside from the poor resolution I think this looks pretty good so far.

Way to go Mr InfiniteBlue88! A triumph, I say! A modern day marvel of archaic cartography!