Thread: Hello and a Quick Intro

Default Hello and a Quick Intro

Hello, all. Just a quickie intro.

Loooong time gamer (since 79) and game designer (since 85), new to cartography, but obsessed with it! I have a 30+ year career writing and editing for horror RPGs and last year wrote the script for a forthcoming Lovecraftian video game. Last autumn I was coerced into running 5E for my brother's teenage nephews who wanted to get into gaming, and that re-ignited my love of the fantasy genre. Long story short (too late?) the gorgeous maps in the Pathfinder books lit a fire in me and now I'm a newbie cartographer, working and learning the craft. I use CC3+ and all its assorted add-ons. -- SDA

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected joaodafi's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild
    Sorry any grammatical error, I'm better with Portuguese than English.

Hello Scott

Welcome to the Guild!

Thanks, Mouse!

Hey Scott

I must have been asleep when you first said hello. I did think your name was remarkably similar to a user over at Profantasy Forum, but it just didn't click right at that moment, so you only got the basic 'hello'.

As you've already worked out I'm LoopySue from PF forum - 'Mouse' here, and I've long admired your House of Secrets. The detail and quality of that map is quite astonishing. Maybe if we are lucky you might show us some of it here in the Finished Maps forum one day?

I see you have plunged into the Lite Challenge with a lovely new map - a tribute map, no less.

I will be watching that thread with interest.

AND... I still want to know where you got that painted silk texture from!!! LOL!

Hey Scott! Glad you could join us over here, and welcome to the Guild!

I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to welcome you before, but I kind of haven't been back all that long myself, and sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees! But it's actually a pretty cool place here, and a lot of fun. I would strongly suggest posting some of your maps, the people here love new talent! And good luck on your light challenge!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm