Thread: Sunken Sun Goblin Manor

Guild Member

Map Sunken Sun Goblin Manor

I haven't posted here is a very long time! But I am happy to share this building map commission for Todd Leback for his populated hexes patreon https://www.patreon.com/Populatedhexes
    The map is of a manor taken over by a tribe of Sunken Sun goblins. I had fun drawing the exterior to give a sense of the dilapidated nature of the place and set the scene. Detailing the interiors using an isometric perspective is a fun challenge trying to balance abstracted details like walls and representational/figurative details that sell the mood.

The work is drawn in pencil and inked using Micron and Fabercastle fine points. For large dark areas I use a sharpie or pen and ink. I usually fine tune things a bit in Photoshop to give it a bit more polish. For example in this case I drew the banner on a separate page and added it to the composition. The banner text is hand drawn. I just feel the imperfect nature of my handiwork gives the work something unique. However, in the final map rooms and levels are marked using the Castlon Antique font. I picked up the Castlon Antique font after reading through many, many helpful posts on the Cartographer's Guild website. This is such a wonderful site!

Attachment 130118Attachment 130117Attachment 130119
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really good details here. Only complaint is that it looks too clean and well put together to be a goblin manor. Not enough holes in the ceiling or walls (I mean, there actually are ceilings and walls??? What were you thinking?) and not enough dirt on the floor . Really nice and enjoyable to peruse map!

Very cool!